BellaOnline
Posted By: Anonymous An interesting flip... - 05/20/07 01:24 PM
I found this while flipping through Yahoo news. It seems that the Chinese wanted to classify the Bible as indecent because of its raciness (murder, rape, incest, etc...). If this had passed, only people over the age of 18 would have been able to buy it, and it would have had a wrapper with a warning for under-18ers. It did not end up happening, but it is interesting that they were debating it.

Bible "indecent"
Posted By: jesusfreak Re: An interesting flip... - 05/20/07 01:47 PM
It is not indecent. It is the inerrant Word of the living God.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: An interesting flip... - 05/20/07 04:29 PM
For a minute, 1 billion people disagreed with you.
Posted By: Lady J Re: An interesting flip... - 05/20/07 06:42 PM
Yes, it may be the word of G-d, inspired by G-d, or what have you, but technically if we look at the content alone without meaning, one could see the possibility of an NC-17 or R rating.

Interesting in thought, but poorly thought out.
Posted By: freespirit Re: An interesting flip... - 05/20/07 06:49 PM
I thought it was intersting that when the Greatest Story ever told came out on Screen it was a PG-14 Rating!!!

But I think some places in the Bible are just for adults!!! for example Song or Solomen!!!

I think that is why we have kids Bibles and we have teen Bibles and we have adult Bibles!!!!

just a thought!!
Posted By: jesusfreak Re: An interesting flip... - 05/20/07 09:51 PM
Sex isn't dirty. God created sex. The devil made it dirty. Between husband and wife it is beautiful.
Posted By: Chelle - Marriage Editor Re: An interesting flip... - 05/20/07 11:23 PM
I don't think anyone is saying sex is dirty... but we don't necessarily discuss it with 5 year olds! There are portions of the Bible that are more suited to mature people.

But I believe that is why we should teach our children the Bible, and be there as "guides" as they are learning.
© BellaOnline Forums