BellaOnline
Posted By: Juanita Looking for a liberal Christian church - 07/19/05 04:29 AM
My husband and I would like to join a church. However, we have difficulty with conservative beliefs. We require a faith that accommodates all people, forgives all people, and blesses the peacemakers.

We are both Protestants -- a former Methodist and a quasi-Northern Baptist with Quaker leanings.

Any suggestions?
In our area (Phoenix, Arizona) there are soon to be two new churches...life church.tv...

Youc an check out their website here:
http://www.lifechurch.tv

Very liberal...not for those who crave religious traditions or doctrine...I love it!! Just Jesus all the time!!!

Also, you can try the Calvary chapels...I like them very much too!
Posted By: Katja Re: Looking for a liberal Christian church - 07/25/05 04:26 AM
You could try to find a Quaker meeting near you....other liberal denominations are United Church of Christ, Presbyterian Church (USA)--make sure it's PC(USA) though and not Presbyterian Church of America because they won't even ordain women. You could also try Unitarian Universalist, though they are not always Christian, if that might bother you.
Unitarian Universalists...are not a Christian church.

As far as Conservative churches go....a good one certainly does welcome all.......anyone who walks in the doors of my church will get a very warm open arm reception...lots of love to go around...however.....

We will not tell you that your sin is OK with God....You will hear truth as God has taught in HIs word.. preached on the pulpit in our church and sometimes that truth is hard for some to swallow. We all have sins that are hard to let go of...whatever that sin may be.......it will not be "affirmed" in this church.

All we can do is confess and repent...and ask God for the grace and strength to walk away from whatever it is we are doing that is displeasing to our Lord....and He's pretty clear in His word what those things are....to those who's hearts are turned toward Him....
Posted By: skbergin Re: Looking for a liberal Christian church - 09/06/05 07:35 PM
I see you posted this a while ago -- hopefully you've found a new church family somewhere.

If you haven't, you might want to check out a Mennonite church - go here: http://www.thirdway.com/peace/

You are warmly welcome to attend mine -- www.perkmenno.org but you might not be on the east coast.

peace to your family
S. Bergin
© BellaOnline Forums