BellaOnline
The article Dealing With Menopause discusses this oh so natural life stage, its symptoms, and a few simple ways to combat it.

In pondering the article after posting it, I recalled a suggestion that I�d like to share...

One can lower the temperature in their home or bedroom while they sleep. In the cooler months opening a window is another option. In doing so, Ms. Menopausal won�t wake up during the night, uncomfortable and soaked with perspiration. Nor will she lose much needed sleep due to tossing, turning, and continually flinging the covers back because she is so hot.

Husbands, and life partners, 'now' would also be a good time to remember those vows; the for better or for worse part, and to recall that this too will pass. smile
I read the other day that sleeping in a cooler bedroom is better for all insomniacs (most of the population these days) so this is a great tip for anybody.

Great article! Did you watch Sex and The City 2? Samantha was cracking me up with the chickpeas and yams and all the supplements. That's me right now trying to reverse the aging process!
Those are my girls (lol).

I would time my house chores about the times the show would come on. Hmmmm, those were the days of being unattached and all about me smile Now I don't have the time, but once in a while when he takes a trip - Jeremiah (our dog) and myself SIT ourselves down and watch marathon chick shows. That is my best buddy - a male, but does not mind hanging out......
Going through the experience. While last winter I felt guilty because I was hot while everyone else was cold - OMG - I've hated this entire summer.
Dianne, I know what you mean! smile The worst is waking up with wet hair because you've perspired so.
Posted By: jodiemt Re: Ways to deal with ‘the change’ - 09/16/11 04:49 AM
I thought menopause was a relief to women. But even that has it's side effects! :-/
Hahaa! Jodiemt, you are so right. Thanks for the chuckle!
© BellaOnline Forums