BellaOnline
When dressing for the holidays go all out, try color, even red, it's hot and the right shade for one's skin tone can be pulled off beautifully! If you're like me, with warm undertones, then try an orangey-red. In it you'll look divine.

Don't forget to accessorize. You can pull something out of the back of your closet, add jewelry (I prefer big bold and chunky) and voila baby girl! You'll look fab new and possibly even fun!

Forget old sayings too. Remember when it was believed that women of color didn't wear blush? Pish-posh, we do! And if you've got a heavy hand when it comes to makeup, don't worry. Simply dab a clean cosmetic sponge with foundation or a dusting of your favorite powder, loose, mineral, whatever. Then dab your cheeks, thereby bringing the intensity of your blush down. Afterward, go have fun!

If your heels, your dancing shoes begin to hurt, just pull that cute little pair of flats from your tote, your car or from wherever you've hidden them -- and keep on stepping!
Posted By: ExerciseEditor Re: When Dressing For the Holidays... - 11/24/10 02:23 PM
Great tips April. I'm wearing a deep purple satin ruffle blouse tomorrow and my Guess knee high platform boots. They're a really cool brown color that almost looks black burgundy. I love em!

The holidays are one of the few times during the year that I get to dress up and wear makeup and I usually like jewel tones (purples, bronzes, etc.) I like looking festive and made up. I don't get to dress up for work ever so gotta take advantage of this opportunity : )

Not sure what pants are going to pull that look together but will definitely have fun finding out!

Have you tried those roll up flats? They fit in your purse and great for when you get tired of the sky high heels : ) You can find them on Amazon.
Hi Monica,

It's always so lovely to hear from you! I know you'll look great because you can wear jewel tones. (Sadly, they do nothing for me) smile I'm with you when it comes to bronze though, that's one of my favorite makeup colors.

I hadn't heard of the roll up flats... I'm gonna check those out --GREAT TIP!!!

Anyone else? We'd love to know what you know. Post it here.

Posted By: turlink Re: When Dressing For the Holidays... - 11/30/10 07:12 AM
Hi, it's really very good tips that you have shared with us. It has lots of worth for Holiday dressing.

Cheers!

make nose smaller
Hi Turlink!

Thanks for stopping by, and for the comment. Look lovely!
© BellaOnline Forums