BellaOnline
Posted By: Tara - Ethnic Beauty Caring For Your Skin - 10/28/09 02:43 PM
Caring For Your Skin

Our skin is one of the things people notice first. I talk about this in my article Caring For Your Skin.

In caring for my own skin, I cleanse it twice a day. Since I like hearing what other beauties do, I'll ask you, what is one way that you care for your skin?
Posted By: Finder Re: Caring For Your Skin - 12/12/09 08:39 AM
I try to do regular cleansing but fail to do so, any way I at least wash my face thoroughly before bedtime and moisturize. Do you think its enough.
Posted By: Tara - Ethnic Beauty Re: Caring For Your Skin - 01/14/10 09:31 PM
Finder,

Washing your face before bedtime and moisturizing is great! You're removing the accumulations of the day. Good job! Keep it up, even though sometimes you can get really tired and want to skip it. I know. smile
Posted By: MrsO Re: Caring For Your Skin - 01/25/10 03:48 AM
I'm personally horrible at skin maintenance. Being a Marine, I really don't focus too much on vanity. However, I think I got incredibly lucky in the genes department. I didn't have a single blemish on my face until 6 months ago, 2 months into pregnancy.
Posted By: Tara - Ethnic Beauty Re: Caring For Your Skin - 01/27/10 03:27 PM
Boy do I know about that! The great thing is it usually clears up after you get your bundle of joy.

And Mrs. O thank you!!! For putting yourself on the line everyday for American citizens!
Posted By: sheilaelliott1 Re: Caring For Your Skin - 02/19/10 12:36 PM
You don't need to do much if you are regularly taking care of your skin.
Posted By: sharron Re: Caring For Your Skin - 03/06/10 12:56 PM
Healthy eating is not about harsh nutrition way of life, staying idealistically thin, or depriving yourself of the foods you love. http:freehealthfitness.com
Posted By: Kristenmickel Re: Caring For Your Skin - 04/15/10 11:02 AM
I have so many pimples on my face i am working some where so i am unable to take care of my face....please suggest me something fast and good tips for my pimples.......
Posted By: AprilAlisaMarquette Re: Caring For Your Skin - 04/15/10 02:06 PM
Hi Kristen,

I truly understand. Having battled acne forever, I can sympathize with you; people like us, those with this problem wind up having to take a little more time with their skin, but it can be so rewarding.

I personally like Avon's 'Clearskin' products for acne, they aren't harsh the way some blemish control products are.

I also like Proactive, which some people say dries their skin. It works great for me in the summer months.

I like Clarins for oily skin too. Online you can take a skin quiz, and they will recommend products for your skin type based on your answers.

Please note: If possible, it is always good to see a dermatologist to begin a skin care regimen specifically tailored to you. Whatever you choose to do however, don�t forget non-comedogenic, these products are non-pore clogging, highly necessary.

My lovely, I send you every success wish, and please join us back here at the Ethnic Beauty forum to let us know what worked. We're all pulling for you!
Posted By: willams Re: Caring For Your Skin - 05/06/10 09:46 AM
Hi Kristen, I have a simple tip which is more effective.. I tried it and got good result.. u could also try this.. Three tablespoons of honey and one teaspoon of cinnamon powder paste. Apply this paste on the pimples before sleeping and wash it next morning with warm water. I hope this will help you.. evescafe dot com.
Posted By: willams Re: Caring For Your Skin - 05/31/10 09:36 AM
I have a oily skin please give me some remedies
Posted By: AprilAlisaMarquette Re: Caring For Your Skin - 06/23/10 03:50 PM
If you go to the Sephora website, and put in 'oily skin' a host of cleansers will come up. Or if you suffer acne as a result of oily skin, the skinID website will evaluate your skin through the answers that you give to a series of questions. Then products will be selected and offered for your particular skin type.

Whatever you do, be sure to gently cleanse and tone your face at least twice a day, using non-comedogenic (non pore clogging) products.

Let us know!
Posted By: nackblue Re: Caring For Your Skin - 07/29/10 06:13 AM
I keep our skin clean and wash it 3-4 times a day because my skin is oily and i use only baby cream to keep our skin good and fresh.
Posted By: Nancy Roussy Re: Caring For Your Skin - 05/04/15 01:12 PM
I start by wetting a washcloth then I wipe my entire face with it, then I use eye makeup remover around my eyes, I clean my face with face soap and after brushing my eyelashes and eyebrows I put eye cream then face cream. For my lips I put a normal lip moisturizer four times a day. I do that twice a day. As for my body I take one shower per day and I always wash my hair and my entire body. For my hands I put hand cream three times a day. For my body I put on body lotion but I sometimes take break of that to let my skin breathe.
Posted By: EvlinSymon Re: Caring For Your Skin - 10/21/15 05:23 AM
Having slightly oily skin is not all that bad because the oil helps to lessen wrinkles and other natural signs of aging, especially on the face. The excessive oil can causes problem. It is best to use a mild and gentle cleanser. You can try Dermpura, it is an all-in-one skin balancing and repairing cleanser. It's gentle foaming and deep cleansing action lifts and removes oils and skin-dulling impurities.
Posted By: jkovach Re: Caring For Your Skin - 12/01/15 06:54 PM
I like my renew cream that I get online at an organic shopping club
I definitely want to take better care of my skin, as I am into beauty regimens. I currently just use a facial wash and moisturizer. Do you know of any great toners? Also, I am interested in LUSH beauty products. Are you familiar with them?
Posted By: Nancy Roussy Re: Caring For Your Skin - 05/31/16 07:05 PM
I have never used toners. As far as the Lush products I only have used a few bubble bars and I was a huge fan of one of their hair bar treatment (snake oil it was vegan so do not know why they called it that) but that product was sadly discontinued. They use a lot of nuts to which I am allergic so for the face and lips I cannot use most (if not all) of their products.
Posted By: Alexa.94 Re: Caring For Your Skin - 07/06/17 03:31 AM
herbal Facial on a regular basis is my secret of clear and fresh skin. :D
© BellaOnline Forums