BellaOnline
I recently cut my hair (the current picture of me with long beautiful locs is from 10 years ago, I need to update) and I have some thinning perhaps due to age or anemia or from twisting the locs for so many years.

I've been hearing a lot about Black Castor Oil. Does this really work? I think I'm going to give it a go.
I've heard that regular castor oil will thicken the hair. Don't know much about the Jamaican Black Castor Oil. It is one of those myths that I have heard over the years.
I'm wondering if this is regular castor oil that you take internally or the castor oil for hair?

Leah, I'm having the same issue, needing to update photos - but hair with years of processing and coloring isn't holding up.
I had a major hair issue last week after changing blood pressure medicine. I had a major fall out to the point I've had to rock a wig for the past week. I've been using a combination of regular castor oil and JBC, I must say I have visible hair growth already, not bad.
Hi Dianne,

So glad JBCO is working for you. I've been using it and it makes my hair SOOOOOO SOFT, and I have very coarse hair. I use a half a capful every day and rub it into my scalp. However, the hair that I lost--edges and temples seems not to be budging. It's still thin in those areas. Rest of the hair is growing quite nicely. Also I've been protective styling with twists for the last three months. I'm definitely satisfied with the results.
Hi Leah,

For a minute I had starting mixing the JBCO and regular castor oil and while it's still helping with the growth, but the regular castor oil is making it a bit hard, but it's actually still growing even around the edges. I decided to keep moving forward and not even touch up the back which is still relaxed. I figured now is as good a time as any to go complete transition. I have not used a blow dryer or flat iron since mid-June.

Keep massaging it in on those areas and it should work. Do you cover your hair at night?

Keep me posted on how you're doing!
© BellaOnline Forums