BellaOnline
Posted By: AprilAlisaMarquette Help For Dark Marks On Skin - 08/31/11 03:01 PM
Do enjoy the article Dark Marks on Ethnic Skin

Wondering if you�ll ever have skin that�s not marred? Below are a few fade creams that may help:

Fade creams
� Ambi� Discoloration fade cream
� Palmer�s Skin Success
� Clinique Even Better Clinical Dark Spot Corrector
� Ultra Glow Skin Tone Cream

Doctor Prescribed Fade creams
� Alustra - contains 4% hydroquinone and retinol to boost collagen
� Glyquin XM - contains 4% hydroquinone as well as moisturizing agents
� Lustra-AF - contains 4% hydroquinone and moisturizing agents, sunscreen, and Vitamins A, C & E
� Tri-Luma - a prescription cream that can only be used for a period of time because it contains a topical steroid

Below, I've listed Makeup that may be used while treating dark marks on skin (foundations, powders and concealers):

� Avon - Healthy Makeup Cream to Powder Foundation with SPF 15
� Bobbi Brown - Creamy Concealer � for lighter skin tones
� Iman Cosmetics � Makeup & Skincare for Women of Color, from the lightest to the darkest. (I like this line!)
� Prescriptives - Virtual Skin Makeup
� Shisheido - matches a range of Asian skin
� Shu Uemura - foundation matches a range of Asian skin
� MAC - face or body Foundation, emulsion or powder-based formulas
� Mary Kay� - makes a range of foundations that come in many formulas
Posted By: BRTCskincare Re: Help For Dark Marks On Skin - 06/22/12 05:10 PM
The one thing about foundation, personally, is that they don't provide all day coverage and tend not to give a natural look. You should check out some bb creams that use all natural ingredients because these types usually are combined with ingredients that also help to whiten or lighten your skin.
Posted By: AprilAlisaMarquette Re: Help For Dark Marks On Skin - 06/23/12 03:21 PM
BRT, some people feel as you do; while others have found great foundations, those that match their skin tone, look natural and provide the level of coverage needed. I happen to be a fan of mineral/powder foundations, especially the ones made using natural ingredients.

I'm all for creams that will help even out one's skin tone too; by that I mean, I believe in creams that will fade unsightly dark marks, over time.

I must say this though... I do not however, believe in whitening or lightening one's skin all over. It can be unsafe, and can further expose an ethnic beauty to UV rays and other skin damage. Taken care of properly, ethnic skin -- dark or light -- can be most beautiful, and fortunately, many ethnic people already possess a natural, sun-kissed glow. The use of makeup and fade creams should only enhance this.

The important thing is to be safe, and healthy.

Thanks for your comment!
April, what is the difference in foundations that can be used with dark spot fade creams? How are they different than other foundations? Can mineral powder makeup be used with fade creams?
Posted By: AprilAlisaMarquette Re: Help For Dark Marks On Skin - 06/25/12 12:46 PM
Hi Lisa,

That is a very good question. I have used foundation with dark spot fade cream and had great results. You've given me homework though...I will find out about foundations made specifically for use with fade creams. The ingredients in the foundation -- I would think -- would not counteract those in the fade cream. We will see.

I know for a fact that mineral powder can be used while using fade cream. The cream acts as a base, that will help correct blemish issues, while the powder is dusted over it to aid you to look your best as you are correcting/enhancing your skin. As one who is acne prone, I have had to do this many times, with great results.
Posted By: AprilAlisaMarquette Re: Help For Dark Marks On Skin - 06/25/12 01:15 PM
Okay Lisa,

Foundations made specifically for use with fade creams are typically oil-free and seem to offer a bit more coverage than say... a tinted moisturizer or a sheer foundation. They are made this way to minimize the look of fading scars/dark marks, age spots and pesky redness. It seems many people love...

Clinique's even better makeup with SPF 15 paired with the spot corrector, both are made for all ethnicities.

Ambi fade cream is another one to try, which works well on skin of color. The lotion is lovely with a pretty scent and seems to have flecks of barely there sparkle in it.

Many of you know I love Fashion Fair too. This cosmetics manufacturer's mantra is 'begin with beautiful skin. They offer a whole line of toners, shine control products, exfoliators and the Vantex� True Tone Spot Corrector with lovely ingredients such as white mulberry, Vitamin C and wheat germ extract.

I have also used the Neutrogena Skinclearing Oil-free foundation it has microclear which treats blemishes and helps to prevent breakouts.
Oh, that makes sense! Thank you!
Posted By: zoya sakia Re: Help For Dark Marks On Skin - 02/14/13 11:36 PM
wash your body parts 2-3 times in a day with cold water and use a good cream provide by the doctor.
Posted By: Sunflower2014 Re: Help For Dark Marks On Skin - 02/26/13 02:43 PM
I've tried many creams to get rid of my scars and marks, but so far the best one I've found is the pigmentation fader by pH advantage, it also makes the skin glow and much brighter!

NOTE: new users are not allowed to add links/urls to their posts!
Hi Sunflower 2014! Glad to have you posting. I saw your question about UBB Code.

New forum members are not allowed to use urls in their posts. This helps BellaOnline eliminate spammers in the forums.

After a person is an established poster, they may use urls. The forum guidelines on the right can tell you more about it.
Posted By: RossN Re: Help For Dark Marks On Skin - 03/09/13 07:57 AM
Dark circles under the eyes are a result of many factors and a lack of sleep is one of the most prominent. I would suggest you get a blood test done through your local general practitioner to check for anemia as it is a very common cause for dark circles. Try to improve your sleep and also start eating green leafy vegetables to improve your nutrition.

facethin tool use
Posted By: beautybeverly Re: Help For Dark Marks On Skin - 03/18/13 01:30 PM
Use Some Anti Aging Skin Care Products for your skin
Posted By: jacksonking112 Re: Help For Dark Marks On Skin - 07/16/14 07:55 AM
BRT, some people feel as you do; while others have found great foundations, those that match their skin tone, look natural and provide the level of coverage needed. I happen to be a fan of mineral/powder foundations, especially the ones made using natural ingredients.
Posted By: riyash Re: Help For Dark Marks On Skin - 10/09/14 09:57 AM
Ultra Glow Skin Tone Cream is good.
Posted By: Rina09 Re: Help For Dark Marks On Skin - 10/17/14 03:42 AM
I do not know any medicine for them but my personal experience is that when you sleep proper and take ample amount of water mean drink then all your problem about which you are talking about
© BellaOnline Forums