BellaOnline
I finally got my haircut and have fun layers again. I always like to play with different ways to put it up for workouts.

I tried a faux hawk for long hair and it looks like pretty cool. I also wanted to try a Native American chongo but totally lost as to how to even put it up or tie it.

Here's a pic of that and other Native American hairstyles. Any ideas? Native American Chongo. I did click the link right under the pic and ended up even more confused.

BTW, I think Princess Lea would be jealous of those whorls.
Posted By: Linda19 Re: How do you tie a native american chongo - 05/26/11 07:45 AM
www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aG5rCqpILY

not sure if this is the same thing Monica, and it's in Spanish but it shows you how to use a chongo.
Monica, I'd love to see your new cut. It sounds flirty and fun. Speaking of mohawks, a guy in the movie Fast Five had a cool choppy-looking one.

Linda,

thanks for sharing! The bun showed looked like it takes practise. smile It almost looks like what the French call a chignon.
That chongo tool is awesome Linda! I had never seen it before. I'm running some errands today and will see if I can find one or similar at the drugstore.

Isn't it funny how the word chongo is similar to chingon? I looked up the chignon and found out it can be traced back to Ancient Greece! The Spanish or Mexican chongo is a basic bun. The Native American Chongo is oblong, more like an eclair or short baguette and the wrapping is right in the middle. Anybody craving carbs now?

Hey April, here are the 2 pics I took in yesterday:

Eva Longoria hairstyle pic

Kim Kardashian hairstyle pic

My stylist is so good that it looks like a combination of both except my hair is slightly shorter. I'll post on the faux hawk separately : )
Monica, those two styles look awesome! I love dark hair, chestnut, with carmel highlights.

Can't wait to see the hawk!

Thanks for sharing.
© BellaOnline Forums