BellaOnline
Posted By: Sheree-Allergies Exercise and stay healthier - 11/29/09 03:41 AM
Every winter I want to turn into a bear and hibernate. But instead, I keep on heading outdoors and exercising because I know it will help me stay well. Studies show that those who exercise regularly are sick 50 percent less often than non-exercisers. Exercise (indoors or outdoors) beats supplements, pills and medicine when it comes to boosting your immune system. Read more about the benefits of regular exercise for your immune system in the latest post on the Allergies and Colds page, "How to Fight Off Cold Bugs," at http://bellaonline.com/site/allergiesandcolds
Posted By: valleygirl Re: Exercise and stay healthier - 11/29/09 03:56 PM
Do you know, i so agree with you!,. Here where i live it is 4:00pm, and it is nearly dark, because of the rain and wind,. My point is, like you, i feel like hibernating, but i think if i sit, i'll never get back up!,. So i try and take the dog for a walk each and every day for at least an hour, ''rain, hail, sleet or snow, i go!!,.
Posted By: joanj Re: Exercise and stay healthier - 12/04/09 03:13 PM
I don't feel as much like heading for the Y every morning for my exercise classes when it's cold and rainy but I do feel better after I go. I'd rather curl up with another cup of coffee!

I take my dogs for a walk daily too. Once you get that started, they will motivate you to keep it up!
Posted By: Sheree-Allergies Re: Exercise and stay healthier - 12/04/09 05:08 PM
I know exactly what you mean. When it's freezing outside, it's hard to get motivated to go outside. Then, you have the whole issue of the sun setting very early. But, you're right, you just have to fight through it and either go for a walk or exercise inside. It helps to have a dog to keep you motivated. My dog gives me these big sad eyes if we don't get out for a walk.
© BellaOnline Forums