BellaOnline
Posted By: Sheree-Allergies Nasal steroids side effects - 10/07/12 05:30 PM
I am glad I stopped using nasal steroids awhile back because recently I noticed a TV ad for one of the more popular sprays that advised getting regular eye exams. I wondered, "Are there more side effects to these prescription sprays than I was ever told?" Yes, I was prescribed these sprays over a number of years without being told of possible long-term side effects, such as serious adverse effects on the eyes, including dryness and irritation, blurred vision, cataracts and more. There are other serious side effects. Get the complete list in the latest post on the Allergies and Colds page at http://www.bellaonline.com/site/allergiesandcolds
Posted By: "Rosie" Re: Nasal steroids side effects - 10/08/12 09:22 AM
It seems to be a never ending cycle
It seems when I tell my doctor about any thing she never takes into consideration it may be caused by one of the meds I'm on.
She just writes another scrip to "cure" one problem which creates other problems and never cures the problem i complained of in the first place
I had the blurry vision and sharp pain in my eye I went to the eye doctor gave her a list of my meds and her diagnosis was dry eyes
I didn't get that scrip filled i stopped the steroid spray and the blurriness and eye pain went away
But then the stuffiness came back I'm doomed if i do and doomed if i don't
I had the same symptoms when i was on Spiriva for my asthma when i stopped using it the symptoms of blurriness and eye pain went away
I don't suggest any one stop using there meds before speaking to their doctor first
It just seems like a never ending cycle
Sheree, Your info is always so helpful, thanks for all that you do smile
Posted By: Sheree-Allergies Re: Nasal steroids side effects - 10/13/12 09:33 PM
I agree. It is a vicious cycle. We need to hold them accountable.
© BellaOnline Forums