BellaOnline
Just before Mama would set the cake on the table after supper, she heated it up in the oven till the syrup of brown sugar and butter would just barely start to drip over the sides.

To read the full article, please click on the following link:

Pineapple Upside Down Cake - Recipe

I hope you try this recipe and let me know what you think. All comments are most welcome. Thank you! smile
This post caught my eye. Nobody at my house likes pineapple, but I love a good pineapple upside down cake. My mama used to bake ours in our big iron skillet.

Next time you have one of these on the front porch, give me a yell. I'll come running!
Thanks for reading and commenting, Connie. I have made the cake in a big iron skillet also -- it seems to bake more evenly and gives a nice crispy edge. Mother used the loaf cake pan because there were nine of us at home. We picked our own cherries and walnuts for the cake. Pitting the cherries and shelling the walnuts was a good way for Mama to keep us kids busy for awhile. smile
This cake sounds delicious, Phyllis. I love pineapple.

I am sure you have many beautiful memories of your Mother and this tasty cake....great family memories. Thanks for sharing!
© BellaOnline Forums