BellaOnline
Posted By: Phyllis Doyle Burns Legends From The Rhine, Article - 09/15/11 09:15 AM
The ancient tales of the Rhine cast a depth of feeling and meaning, like a spell, upon the reader who loves to delve into stories that take one away to other times and places. As Lewis Spence noted in his Hero Tales & Legends Of The Rhine, it is "A Land of Legend".

To read the full article, please click on the following link:
LEGENDS FROM THE RHINE

I hope you enjoy the article. Remember, I love feedback. smile

See LEGENDS OF LORELEI for one of the popular legends of the Rhine.
I would love to take a cruise along the Rhine and see for myself where so many legends were born.
One of my brothers sent me a message that when he was in Germany many years ago, he spent many days on the banks of the Rhine. He said that looking at some of the old castles there is like looking into the past. He said it is so beautiful.
What great stories! There's something so romantic about the Rhine and the castles along its banks... what an amazing trip it would be just to take an extended holiday with no schedule and the ability to stop when you saw something interesting!

I always have to wonder with all the stories that have survived over the centuries, how many have been forgotten?
That would be wonderful, Debra. My brother was stationed over there when in the army and really appreciated the beauty of the country.

You know, I think a lot of the stories have been forgotten, or changed so much through verbal retelling that the original got lost in the newer versions.
© BellaOnline Forums