BellaOnline
Posted By: phillip cockatiel update and a important question! - 11/22/06 07:05 AM
hi,
i thought i would update you on my cockatiel situation.

both of the parents are doing great, i took the eggs out about 1 week ago, i wasnt sure wether to remove the box or not so i left it in there, the pair are still very very close and all ma birdies are getting along great!

now that it is summer here i have put a nice big bird bath in the aviary and they seem to love it!

a question i have is that when they do breed again is there any way i can stop the same actions from happening again?

also is it ok to feed cockatiels lettuce?
i went away for a 2 days and i asked my next door neighbour if she could please change the birds food and water as she has done for me in the past, when i got home i realised that there was lettuce in the bottom of the aviary and my uncle who used to breed canaries said that lettuce is not good for birds becuase they can not digest it is that true?

i am very worried now becuase the birds did eat most of the lettuce what should i do if they are not able to digest it?

please help thankyou
Posted By: Mavis Re: cockatiel update and a important question! - 11/23/06 10:09 PM
Depending on the type of lettuce, it may just be mainly water with no nutrients. Doesn't really do any harm, but most birds seem to like it. If romain lettuce was used, that does have some nutrients and I've never heard of birds not being able to digest it.
ok thankyou very much.
no it was not romain lettuce.

thanks alot mavis.
© BellaOnline Forums