BellaOnline
Posted By: "Rosie" Bag Of Bones - 12/13/11 02:02 PM
Did any one catch Steven Kings movie last night
Bag Of Bones
I was disappointed
Were you ??
Posted By: Phyllis Doyle Burns Re: Bag Of Bones - 12/13/11 02:44 PM
It was on TV? I read the book and would love to see the movie. If it was disappointing though, maybe I better just stay with the book, which I thought was good.
Posted By: "Rosie" Re: Bag Of Bones - 12/13/11 02:47 PM
Maybe I'll read the book wink
Posted By: Beetlemess Re: Bag Of Bones - 12/13/11 03:01 PM
Luckily, we recorded both the Sunday & Monday night portions & will watch during better evening hours. I got through part one last night.

I never find time to sit still long enough to read a book... short stories, newspapers & magazines are adequate to fill my commuter lull periods.
Posted By: Phyllis Doyle Burns Re: Bag Of Bones - 12/13/11 03:21 PM
I usually read when I crawl in bed at night. Reading for about an hour makes me sleepy -- but, then, if I read a horror book I have nightmares. Best to read something sweet and romantic before sleeping.

So good to see you back, Beetle -- in fact, it is wonderful to have you back. Of course, your spirit is always here with us in the forums, so I did not miss you. Does that make sense? smile
Posted By: Beetlemess Re: Bag Of Bones - 12/13/11 03:27 PM
Makes lots of sense. Just glad there wasn't too much NON-SENSE...
Posted By: Phyllis Doyle Burns Re: Bag Of Bones - 12/13/11 03:46 PM
There is only NON-SENSE going on around here when you appear, dear Beetle. That is why we have so much fun when you are here. Are you going to the moon with Francine, Mona, and me? We have to take Sandy also to mix the cocktails. Oh! and we all wear hooded cloaks. No space suits needed.
Posted By: "Rosie" Re: Bag Of Bones - 12/13/11 03:51 PM
Phyllis, Your leaving me behind frown
Posted By: Phyllis Doyle Burns Re: Bag Of Bones - 12/13/11 04:07 PM
Oh! No! Come on, Rosie, I will not run away. When I say I do not miss someone it is because they are always with me in spirit, meaning close to my heart, as good friends always are. Like you -- you are always with me in spirit because we are good friends.

You and Beetle are such active posters and so well-loved that your spirits are always here in the forums even when you are away.

So - you did not like the movie 'Bag of Bones'? Who acted in it?
Posted By: Beetlemess Re: Bag Of Bones - 12/13/11 04:09 PM
I can't go on this trip. Not enough accrued vacation time, <nor $$$>.
Posted By: "Rosie" Re: Bag Of Bones - 12/13/11 04:16 PM
No, I expected to get scared and i didn't
Pierce Bronson i think (Don't know if i spelled that right)
I started watching it at 1 this morning
Doesn't take much to confuse me
But it really didn't hold my attention
Your always in my heart also I think your a wonderful person your nice to everyone xoxo
Posted By: Phyllis Doyle Burns Re: Bag Of Bones - 12/13/11 04:20 PM
Originally Posted By: Rosie L
Phyllis, Your leaving me behind frown

Awww! that is what you meant. The moon trip. Of course you are going with us. It would not be the same without you. I will bring the 'Bag of Bones' book so we can take turns reading it out loud.

The 'imaginary' trip is going to be leaving from Mona's Astronomy forum -- uh...space ship. "What Would You Like To Do On The Moon?"
Posted By: "Rosie" Re: Bag Of Bones - 12/13/11 04:23 PM
lol smile
Posted By: Phyllis Doyle Burns Re: Bag Of Bones - 12/13/11 04:30 PM
You are such fun!
Posted By: M o e Re: Bag Of Bones - 12/15/11 07:42 AM
I had DVR'd both days but apparently on an unsubbed channel. So mad I missed them. Patiently waiting for rerun.
Posted By: Vi - Blogs/Small Office Re: Bag Of Bones - 12/19/11 06:37 PM
I have mine set up to DVR the next airing in the coming week in our neck of the woods.
Posted By: Phyllis Doyle Burns Re: Bag Of Bones - 12/19/11 06:56 PM
Who played the old lady in the wheelchair? Were the actors good for the character parts?
Posted By: "Rosie" Re: Bag Of Bones - 12/19/11 07:22 PM
The Cast
Pierce Brosnan ... Mike Noonan

Melissa George ... Mattie

Annabeth Gish ... Jo Noonan

Anika Noni Rose ... Sara Tidwell

William Schallert ... Max Devore

Caitlin Carmichael ... Kyra Devore

Michael Hampson ... Fred Dean

rest of cast listed alphabetically:

Fiona Forsythe ... Jellison Sister

Joel Freckelton ... Harold Noonan

Matt Frewer ... Sid Noonan

Gary Levert ... George Footman

Gregory Penney ... Normal Jellison

Jason Priestley ... Marty

David Sheftell ... Young Max Devore

Matt Tolton ... Young Buddy Jellison (uncredited)
Create a character page for: ?

Posted By: Vi - Blogs/Small Office Re: Bag Of Bones - 12/27/11 03:07 AM
SPOILER AT END OF THIS!!!!!!

Saw by DVR'd episodes today. Don't know if it moved slow or if it was a shorter story with too many commercials.

Was it adapted from a novel or short story? If so, is there more to the story? Who was the crazy old lady who took care of old man Devore?

By the way, the ending was still creepy, I didn't want her to go out on the lake with him. Did anything happen that my DVR cut out at the end because I thought, "oh no, this is the end for her"...?
Posted By: Phyllis Doyle Burns Re: Bag Of Bones - 12/27/11 04:30 AM
It was a book by Stephen King. The book was really good, I thought. I did not see the movie, but would like to.
Posted By: Dianne W - Editor Re: Bag Of Bones - 12/29/11 05:15 PM
I saw it was coming on and totally got sidetracked. Wondering if it's on Netflix...
Posted By: Horror_Movies_Editor Re: Bag Of Bones - 01/14/12 03:20 PM
I really loved the book - think it was one of King's best in the last decade. I can't see it translating well to TV or film though at all, and I can't stand Pierce Brosnan - he's such a poor actor (and singer - what were they thinking casting him in Mamma Mia?!?) LOL
Posted By: Phyllis Doyle Burns Re: Bag Of Bones - 01/16/12 04:17 PM
Pierce Brosnan singing? I cannot imagine that.

I agree the book was one of King's best in a long time. It seems like the casting for the movie was not very good.
Posted By: M o e Re: Bag Of Bones - 02/04/12 09:58 PM
It was OK. I wouldn't watch it again. There were definitely many loose ends that I would read the books for.

I don't mind Pierce at all in the role, Mamma Mia or otherwise. Maybe it was because I grew up on Remington Steele.

I find generally, when King's books are made into tv shows/movies the actors are not top of the line to begin with.

Anyway, glad I finally seen it, wouldn't watch it again.
© BellaOnline Forums