BellaOnline
I use audio books a lot with the special needs students I work with. I wrote an article about how I use audio books to improve reading fluency, comprehension and vocabulary.

I would like to know of any experiences anyone else has had with using audio books to help students improve their reading skills.

Posted By: BellaShorts Re: Audio Books - Can They Help Reading? - 12/06/07 11:12 AM
I am presently listening to Bleak House by Dickens - in the evenings I settle down to listen when the TV offerings are dire. It is amazing how much interest kids take in novelty! Last night my 8 yr old cosied up to enquire when I was going to put the tape in!

I do think it is educational, as you will often find yourself explaining vocabulary etc. If the child then reads a short paragraph he has the confidence to attempt some unfamiliar words.

Interesting forum!
Posted By: Sheryl22 Re: Audio Books - Can They Help Reading? - 12/11/07 07:16 AM
Being a Student I appreciate what you did........... Writing a article is not a simple thing...............
I referred that Teaching Content with Video Clips I liked it very much...............
Thanx a lot...........
Thank you both Siobhain and Sheryl for your kind words.

Regarding the Teaching Content with Video Clips article, I continue to find new ways to incorporate short video clips into lessons which make a powerful impact on the students in a short amount of time.

Even more exciting is the fact that I just recently was able to secure grant funding to purchase a LCD projector for each classroom. Now every teacher will have unlimited opportunities throughout the day to enhance their instruction with meaningful, related video clips. I'm thrilled!
© BellaOnline Forums