BellaOnline
Posted By: Art Appreciation Show Me The Art ! - 03/24/10 12:39 AM
I am starting a new subject, "Show Me The Art !"

I would like to invite new emerging (or established) artists to post on this forum with one example of their best work.

The members of the forum who visit the Art Appreciation Forum can then give you honest feedback on your work.

Let's begin. Show Me The Art !
Posted By: Art Appreciation Re: Show Me The Art ! - 03/27/10 01:20 PM
The artist of this work asked me to post it.
The medium is recycled plywood, woodburning, stain.
It measures 54" X 60."

The artist's name is Gadi Zamir and his statement about this work is,
"Regardless of whether war is justified or not it always comes with a price. All over the world, the lives of soldiers and civilians are constantly being lost in the name of religion, land or other material issues.
This piece is titled "Spill" and it is dedicated to all the lives that have been buried in ideological motives.
May they rest in peace."

Gadi Zamir can be reached at: gadi at thinknegativespace.com

Posted By: Art Appreciation Re: Show Me The Art ! - 04/04/10 09:56 PM
I like the painting "Spill."

I like the idea that's it's made on recycled wood and I like the trilogy.

It reminds me, in style, of "Triple Elvis."

OK, does anyone know who painted this?

Any comment on our first artist for "Show Me The Art !" ?
Posted By: RebeccaG Re: Show Me The Art ! - 06/30/10 08:48 AM
I like this. Good forum topic. Too bad I have no artistic talents smile
Posted By: Art Appreciation Re: Show Me The Art ! - 08/21/10 10:56 PM
The artist of "Triple Elvis" is Andy Warhol.
Posted By: Art Appreciation Re: Show Me The Art ! - 08/21/10 10:57 PM
There is a wonderful documentary photographer who was brought to my attention.
His name is Brent Lewin, his website is brentlewin.com and this photograph is titled "Urban Jungle."
His statement for the photograph is "An elephant covered in white concrete residue scratches its head against an unfinished touwnhouse."

Posted By: Art Appreciation Re: Show Me The Art ! - 08/21/10 11:05 PM
Any comments on this amazing photograph of an elephant in Thailand?
Posted By: Art Appreciation Re: Show Me The Art ! - 10/26/10 08:28 PM
Lisa Goren is an artist who paints amazing watercolors of Antarctica and other polar landscapes where she has visited.
After having a successful show in NYC in 2010, Lisa has some nice originals still available for sale.

This watercolor is called "Antarctic Landscape."

Lisa Goren's artist statement:
"I have been fascinated by the Antarctic all of my life and in 1997 I was lucky enough to be able to travel 'South' for a short time.
All of these paintings are from photos (as opposed to 'plein air') and most of those photos are mine from the trip.
Polar landscapes render the term 'abstract' meaningless.
These paintings address the question of reality vs. imagination by attempting to bring the beauty of Antarctica to our world here."

Lisa Goren's website:
http://www.lisagorenpaintings.com/

Posted By: Art Appreciation Re: Show Me The Art ! - 02/21/11 01:47 AM
Rebecca Campbell from the UK paints in a whimsical, almost surreal style. Her subjects are sometimes farm animals, particularly chickens. This painting is called "Free Reign" and is from her upcoming show, "The Planet's Pantry."
I just love her interpretation of a chicken house!

Rebecca Campbell�s latest show was inspired by her extensive travels around the world and also closer to home by growing up surrounded by farmland in Ireland. Her style of painting is also influenced by her travels from seeing Mughal Miniature paintings, Chinoiserie and Medieval tapestries amongst other things along the way.

Be sure to check out Rebecca's website:
http://www.rebeccacampbell.co.uk/pages/home.htm
Posted By: Phyllis Doyle Burns Re: Show Me The Art ! - 02/21/11 03:13 AM
I love Rebecca Campbell's "Free Reign". That is just so reminiscent of the farm I lived on when just a child. Thank you, Camille, for sharing this.

I would love to see the rest of her paintings. This painting gives me a very calm feeling.
Posted By: Art Appreciation Re: Show Me The Art ! - 02/21/11 02:17 PM
Phyllis, I'm glad to hear you enjoyed seeing Rebecca Campbell's work.

Her bio says she grew up in Ireland and was surrounded by gardens and animals.

This is her website.
www.rebeccacampbell.co.uk/pages/paintings.htm
Posted By: Phyllis Doyle Burns Re: Show Me The Art ! - 02/21/11 02:59 PM
I love it! Very nice work. Thanks for the link, Camille.
Posted By: Art Appreciation Re: Show Me The Art ! - 02/27/11 03:44 PM
I would love to hear from other Art Appreciation readers.

What do you think about the artists' work posted so far?

Or are you an artist who would like to have your art displayed on this Forum?

You can contact me here or there is a section at the bottom of the page of each article.

Posted By: Art Appreciation Re: Show Me The Art ! - 03/09/11 05:13 PM

The artist Stefan Fiedorowicz is considered a Lyrical Abstractionist.

"Stefan Fiedorowicz, a Canadian now residing in Vienna Austria has amassed a most impressive resume with shows spreading out from Canada, United States and Europe. Fiedorowicz's work has often been compared to the great modernists of the past following the notable style of lyrical abstraction, a term meaning an opening to personal expression. While perhaps a compliment, this also seems a disservice to his striking talent."

"The emotion in my work comes from somewhere deep down, and can speak to the inner part of each person... My work is intuitive; colour is the language that I use ..."

This work is one of my favorites, "The Day Catching Its Breath" (2010).

Stefan Fiedorowicz's work can be found at: http://www.absolutearts.com/portfolios/s/stefanfiedorowicz/

www.stefanfiedorowicz.com
Posted By: Art Appreciation Re: Show Me The Art ! - 03/13/11 07:51 PM
Doesn't Stefan Fiedorowicz's work look very metaphysical?

I can just see and feel the "The Day Catching Its Breath" in the painting.

How do you relate to this painting or any of the others shown thus far?
Posted By: JJLin Re: Show Me The Art ! - 04/13/11 05:59 AM
this is really art, I love the art
Posted By: Art Appreciation Re: Show Me The Art ! - 04/24/11 06:22 PM
Xiaoyang Galas is a female artist born in China and now living in France.

Her artist's statement is:
"There is so much darkness and sorrow in this world. I no longer want to paint the dark side...
I would like my art to be a contribution to the beauty of this world... I want it to be heart warming for all people... I would like my art to be a message of peace..."

I chose this painting called "Lumiere" (French for 'light') from her cityscapes. I find her art to be colorful and uplifting to the soul.

What do you think?

Take a look at Xiaoyang Galas' website:
www.artbreath21.com

Posted By: Art Appreciation Re: Show Me The Art ! - 05/20/11 03:50 PM
I was sent this e-mail promoting an art fair in Iceland. Some very interesting work. Take a look.

Please join Framkv�mdaf�lag listamanna (FRAFL) for the preview opening of MESSA Teaser, a small-scale teaser event in preparation for the first international visual art fair in Iceland.

MESSA Teaser will feature emerging Icelandic and international artists and local galleries who have been provided exhibition spaces in which they can display and sell their work.

MESSA Teaser Preview Opening:
Friday, 20 May 2011 from 5 PM to 8 PM

KEX Hostel
Sk�lagata 28
101 Reykjav�k
Iceland

MESSA Teaser will be free and open to the public on Saturday, 21 May from 11 AM to 8 PM.

For more information on MESSA Teaser and details on participating artists, galleries, and publications, please visit the website: www.messa.is
Posted By: Art Appreciation Re: Show Me The Art ! - 08/12/11 10:06 PM
"The New York City Department of Parks & Recreation is pleased to announce the exhibition BORDERS by Steinunn Th�rarinsd�ttir in Dag Hammarskj�ld Plaza from March 24 through September 30, 2011."

For installation images, click on this link:
http://www.scottwhiteart.com/artists/thorarinsdottir_borders.html
Posted By: jodiemt Re: Show Me The Art ! - 10/20/11 05:26 AM
these are some really great artists. I love their work. smile
Posted By: bogert Re: Show Me The Art ! - 02/04/12 03:27 PM
Wow...!!!Some great work to see. Fantastic.
Posted By: Art Appreciation Re: Show Me The Art ! - 04/05/12 04:32 PM
Just in time for Easter, this is an amazing Easter Egg painted by the British artist Rebecca Campbell.

To learn more about the Faberge Big Egg Hunt in London, click on this link:
www.thebigegghunt.co.uk
Posted By: Diana-Exotic Pets Editor Re: Show Me The Art ! - 04/05/12 05:55 PM
That is gorgeous! I love Faberge eggs.
Posted By: jodiemt Re: Show Me The Art ! - 04/09/12 05:09 AM
I absolutely loved the Urban Jungle photograph. Wow, it's so amazing and surreal. But don't you think it looks more like a real sketch rather than a photograph? Either that or it has been digitally modified. Anyways, it's beautiful since it's also the reality of poor jungle animals. The title is also very apt. Only praises! I'm going to check out the photographer's website.
Posted By: Art Appreciation Re: Show Me The Art ! - 04/17/12 06:58 PM
Speaking of Urban Jungle which is also an educational computer game, since this is a forum on art, there is a graphic artist in San Diego, CA named Dierdre Lee who designs beautiful tiles.

Her company is Urban Jungle Art & Design.
http://www.urbanjungleart.com/
Posted By: Art Appreciation Re: Show Me The Art ! - 06/22/12 09:20 PM
British artist Rebecca Campbell is participating in the BTartboxes.

BT is celebrating Childline's 25th Anniversary in the year of the Queen's Diamond Jubilee by commissioning 85 artists and designers including Peter Blake, Zaha Hadid and Zandra Rhodes to create something on their famous telephone boxes which have been recreated in fibreglass. The phone box was originally designed by Gilbert Scott to commemorate King George V's Silver Jubilee.

The phone boxes will be on display for six weeks all over London and then auctioned off to raise money for Childline, to find out more go to: www.btartboxes.com.
This is a photo of Rebecca Campbell's artbox.

www.rebeccacampbell.co.uk
Posted By: Art Appreciation Re: Show Me The Art ! - 09/04/12 04:53 PM
Xiaoyang Galas is a Chinese artist living in Paris.
Her website is Artbreath21.com (a message of peace).
She paints floral, landscapes, cityscapes, and original emotions.

From the "Original Emotions" category is the painting,
"In My Way" a mixed media painting on canvas.

You can check out her site at:

http://www.artbreath21.com/index.html
Posted By: Art Appreciation Re: Show Me The Art ! - 05/21/13 08:47 PM
I'd like to show you another painting by British artist Rebecca Campbell. It is called, "The One That Got Away."

I think her work brings us back to a gentler, easier day where animals roamed free and we lived in harmony with nature.
Tell me what you think?
Posted By: Art Appreciation Re: Show Me The Art ! - 05/21/13 08:49 PM
To see more of Rebecca Campbell's work, go to her website:
http://www.rebeccacampbell.co.uk/
Posted By: Francine - German Culture Re: Show Me The Art ! - 05/24/13 06:41 AM

Hadn't heard of Rebecca Campbell before now Camille, so thanks for the tip, will look up more of her work.

The One That Got Away is beautiful, and yes she has somehow conjured up a less hurried, and built up, world. Very peaceful.

Just checked back on this thread so have seen the telephone box she did from last year, that is really something. Didn't hear about the idea of decorated telephone boxes at the time, so must check out the others if they are still online somewhere.

Thanks Camille, always fun to learn something new.

Posted By: Art Appreciation Re: Show Me The Art ! - 05/25/13 09:08 AM
Francine, yes, it is always nice to learn something new, especially in the world of art!

When I was in London two years ago I interviewed the artist Rebecca Campbell, a delightful lady.
This is my Bellaonline.com article from that interview.

http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art49643.asp
Posted By: Debbie-SpiritualityEditor Re: Show Me The Art ! - 05/25/13 09:27 AM
Rebecca Campbell's work is just lovely. Thank you for sharing it with us, Camille!
Posted By: Francine - German Culture Re: Show Me The Art ! - 05/26/13 03:53 AM

A really interesting article Camille. Rebecca Campbell sounds like an artist from the 'old school', she not only has talent but also spirit and humor. Some present day artists seem to take themselves, and their art, very seriously so for many reasons one ends up leaving a vernissage thinking "Good Grief".

Am going to try and find some more of her work, wonder if there is any over here.....do like the pieces you posted in your article.

For whatever reasons my laptop security systems will not let me onto her site, they just keep blocking it, but there has to be a way around this so am going to find it.

Thanks again Camille.

Posted By: Art Appreciation Re: Show Me The Art ! - 05/26/13 10:11 AM
Francine, it is well worth looking at her website.

Let me know what you think.
Posted By: Francine - German Culture Re: Show Me The Art ! - 05/26/13 05:14 PM

Finally got on Camille...........did you know there is another Rebecca Campbell/artist whose work is..... what can one say "unusual"?.....perhaps that is why it was only possible to go through a roundabout route as far as direct links and laptop security was concerned.

Great. Just love Rebecca's work. So refreshing.

My personal favorite was The Four Elements series, just 'spoke to me' somehow. But enjoyed all of them, everything was excellent and The Planet's Pantry really witty.

While a collection which would be something for the fiction writing site was fun: A Rabble of Butterflies!

Thank you Camille, "eine echte Fundstueck" will keep an eye open for her work, and try to find out if there is any over here.

Posted By: Art Appreciation Re: Show Me The Art ! - 05/26/13 07:50 PM
You want to look at Rebecca Campbell from the UK.
http://www.rebeccacampbell.co.uk/

I have put an inquiry in as to whether she has any work in Germany.
You could always fly to London and visit one of the galleries that shows her work.
Posted By: Francine - German Culture Re: Show Me The Art ! - 05/27/13 01:04 AM

Caught up with her collections via that link Camille, had looked it up on Google and it certainly is a comprehensive site. Don't know why it was blocked via your link, very strange.

Thanks it would be interesting to know if there are any of Rebecca's works either in France or Germany, have not seen anything quite like that here, although of course haven't looked everywhere. Would have to live a very long while to achieve that goal. There are thousands of art museums, which not surprising really with a European art history, and all its different schools, going back hundreds of years.

Folks tend to think of Berlin as the thriving art center, well for many tourists its the center of everything really, but for me Cologne is a small compact treasure trove. As it covers everything from ancient to innovative it would not be a surprise to find Rebecca Campbell's works there.

Top of my list for this summer is the Rijksmuseum in Amsterdam which has recently re-opened. Seventeenth century Dutch art and its history.....just fascinating.

Posted By: Art Appreciation Re: Show Me The Art ! - 05/27/13 05:39 PM
Francine, one of my life's goals is to visit the Rijksmuseum. I love Dutch art (Vermeer and Rembrandt especially).
We mustn't forget the Van Gogh museum either.

Maybe for the next Bellaonline.com meeting in Europe, we can go to Amsterdam.
Posted By: Francine - German Culture Re: Show Me The Art ! - 05/27/13 11:46 PM

You mean the Vincent Van Gogh museum in Amsterdam Camille, that has a huge collection, a fascinating place. It is on the Google Art Project too.

My favorite though is the Kroeller-Mueller Museum, which also covers Vincent and is in Hoge Veluwe National Park. It is stunning, not so many works of course but their quality plus the atmosphere and setting, the parkland around the museum is filled with beautiful statues, makes it simply a joy to visit time and time again.

Permanent and temporary exhibitions, and masses of art related activities, it is a gem. Less of an art museum more of an artistic journey.

Really one of those once seen never forgotten experiences.
Posted By: Art Appreciation Re: Show Me The Art ! - 08/13/13 11:14 AM
This is a glass installation at the Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital in Boston. I wrote an article about the artist, Paul Housberg and other glass artists - Chagall and Matisse,
http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art41918.asp
I think it is quite interesting.

© BellaOnline Forums