BellaOnline
Posted By: Mona - Astronomy Many happy returns of the day - 12/05/12 03:37 PM
Happy Birthday, Camille

Here's the Royal Academy courtyard with an Anselm Kiefer work in it.
Posted By: Art Appreciation Re: Many happy returns of the day - 12/05/12 09:57 PM
Thank you Mona and everyone who sent me their good wishes for the day.

I just came back from seeing "Skyfall" with Daniel Craig.

Wow! If you haven't seen it yet, you should.

The scenes from London, Turkey, and Scotland are extraordinary.

I wished for Daniel Craig for my birthday but he didn't answer my prayers.

(Oh well).
Posted By: Art Appreciation Re: Many happy returns of the day - 12/05/12 09:59 PM
On our trip to London last year, we went to the Royal Academy.

I loved their courtyard!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CAMILLE......but am afraid you are going to have to share Daniel Craig with me though. And yes wasn't Skyfall good, even the French voice over couldn't ruin it.

However here is something for your trip to Europe, Rembrandt van Rijn, and the ReAdoration of the Shepherds.

So suitable for the season and your birthday. Just love Dutch and Flemish art and the Alt Pinakothek in Munich has many examples, including Frans Hals from Haarlem, and of course Rembrant, and that is my neck of the woods, so hope you like it too.

Have a great year Camille.

Francine

Don't know why your Birthday Masterpiece has suddenly disappeared Camille, certainly nothing to do with Photobucket, but here it is again..............enjoy! And hope you had a "good one".

Posted By: Art Appreciation Re: Many happy returns of the day - 12/07/12 02:13 AM
Francine,

Sorry you had French voice over in the movie "Skyfall."

Having a British accent is so characteristic of 007.

I love Rembrandt even though his paintings are so dark.

The "Readoration of the Shepards" is a beautiful painting.

In the US I have seen mostly his portraitures.

Thanks again for the birthday wish.
Posted By: Art Appreciation Re: Many happy returns of the day - 12/17/12 03:17 PM
Francine,

I love what you wrote:

"The European Dove of Peace 2012" by Plantu is added. Western Europe has enjoyed the longest period of peace in its history.

It is truly a blessing to have peace. The world does continue (unfortunately) to have terrorism, but at least some of us do not have war on our soil.

We can be thankful at this holiday season!

Posted By: Art Appreciation Re: Many happy returns of the day - 02/08/13 07:04 PM
Mona showed a picture of the Royal Academy in London.

The British artist J.M.W. Turner (Joseph Mallord William Turner) is also in print as J.M.W. Turner, RA as he attended the Royal Academy of Art.

I love his painting, "Slave Ship" (1840), previously known as "Slavers Throwing overboard the Dead and Dying-Typhoon coming on." This painting can be seen at the MFA Boston.

Posted By: Art Appreciation Re: Many happy returns of the day - 06/11/13 08:58 AM
I just wrote an article, "Amsterdam Celebrates 400th Anniversary & Museums." I discuss the museums, including the Rijksmuseum which recently reopened after having renovations.
http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art42621.asp

I hope you enjoy reading the article!
© BellaOnline Forums