BellaOnline
Posted By: sharken Need help understanding crochet pattern - 02/18/13 01:28 PM
Hi, I am new to the forum. I just started back crocheting again after many, many years. I am having trouble with a pattern. I think I am doing the right stitches but somehow it is not coming out correctly. Here is my question to you experts. Please interpret how you would go about doing *[YO twice, skip next 2 sc, insert hook in next sc, YO and pull up a loop, (YO and draw through 2 loops)twice]2times, YO and draw through all 3 loops on hook. Thanks so much in advance for your help.
Posted By: AuntieD Re: Need help understanding crochet pattern - 02/18/13 02:11 PM
ok, this looks to me as follows: skip 2 st, then start a trc, but don't finish the last part, leave 2 loops, then skip 2st, then do it again holding back the 2 loops on your hook, now you have 3 loops, YO and draw through to create a cluster. Then do it again. Not clear? do you have facebook? we can chat while you do it. Otherwise, we can find some other way. ~ Dee
Posted By: sharken Re: Need help understanding crochet pattern - 02/18/13 02:38 PM
Thanks so much for your quick response to my question. I did do what you said, but I was only making one cluster thinking that was the 2 times. I guess the brackets confused me in thinking that in order to make the cluster I was repeating the instruction from the *a second time. I will let you know if it still not coming out correctly. Thanks again for your help.
Posted By: AuntieD Re: Need help understanding crochet pattern - 02/18/13 03:05 PM
The brackets were very confusing. It has to be taken one step at a time, and very often, a fresh pair of eyes helps immensely! You're very welcome. _ Dee
© BellaOnline Forums