BellaOnline
Posted By: Shaun Voyeurs of Death collection - 04/07/06 09:31 AM
I would like to share my latest news, which is that I have had a collection of short stories accepted, which will be published by the newly combined force of Wicked Karnival and Grafika Press. The collection will be titled Voyeurs of Death and will include 11 of my tales.
Congrats Shaun!

When is it due out?
Posted By: Shaun Re: Voyeurs of Death collection - 04/07/06 03:22 PM
Thanks. Not sure when it's due, but I'll post details when I know more.
Posted By: Shaun Re: Voyeurs of Death collection - 06/14/07 02:02 PM
Wow, can't believe how long it's been since this was posted. The collection's now on the home straight and pre-orders are being taken at online bookshop, Shocklines.

In the macabre, terrifying world of Shaun Jeffrey, things are not always what they seem. A young boy 'fixes' dead things. A fairy tale has a far from happy ending. Clothes bring out the best � and the worst � in the wearer. True love mutates into hatred and violence. Heroes become villains in the blink of an eye. Scenic vacation spots hide ancient evils. And a date at a secluded parking spot produces dire consequences.

Voyeurs of Death delivers 15 tales of the macabre and surreal.

Take a look inside � if you dare.

"In these short tales, Shaun Jeffrey uses the subtle and the shocking to equally strong effect. His crisp prose turns each tale into a fast and thrilling ride through a tormented landscape of loss, lust and fear, and his work is infused with enough intellect and meaningful detail to make each trip memorable." - Lee Thomas - Bram Stoker Award-winner. Author of 'Parish Damned' and 'The Dust of Wonderland'.
Shaun, I am so excited!

I just ordered it. Do I get to send it to you for your autograph? wink
Posted By: Shaun Re: Voyeurs of Death collection - 06/15/07 09:02 AM
Thanks for that. I really appreciate the support. I'm sure something could be worked out if you wanted it signed.
smile
Posted By: Shaun Re: Voyeurs of Death collection - 10/22/07 08:46 PM
Reviews:

"Voyeurs of Death" is guaranteed to have a little something for everyone. - Necro Carnival

My recommendation: grab this book, enjoy the tales and keep an eye open for Shaun Jeffrey. I certainly hope to read more from him. - Horror World

This collection of fifteen short tales of terror can only be described in one way�[censored] genius. - author, Garry Charles.

Now available from most places. For further details, check out: Voyeurs of Death
Awesome, Shaun! Congratulations!
Posted By: Shaun Re: Voyeurs of Death collection - 10/24/07 02:40 PM
Thanks Justin:-)
Posted By: Shaun Re: Voyeurs of Death collection - 11/10/07 09:35 PM
Just wanted to share a link to the latest glowing review: Bookideas.com
Hey Shaun!

I really am looking forward to diving into your work. Great review, by the way! (Although, she doesn't understand you the way that I will! *twitch*)

;-)
Well, I got my copy about 2 weeks ago - and I blew through it in the first night! Some truly disturbing stories in there - reminds a bit of Clive Barker crossed with Tami Hoag.

Just wish ot had been longer, and I really hope you'll try your hand at a full-fledged novel one day.
Posted By: Shaun Re: Voyeurs of Death collection - 11/14/07 08:17 AM
Thanks Justin. Hope you enjoy it smile

Originally Posted By: BellaHarmony
Well, I got my copy about 2 weeks ago - and I blew through it in the first night! Some truly disturbing stories in there - reminds a bit of Clive Barker crossed with Tami Hoag.

Just wish ot had been longer, and I really hope you'll try your hand at a full-fledged novel one day.

Glad you enjoyed it enough to read it in one sitting sleep and for the comparisons to those fantastic authors.

You're wish is my command. wink I've actually written about 7 novels. Of those, only four are any good. 1 has been published, Evilution, but I have another due to be published late next year. Evilution is available from the usual places, including Amazon:BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!
Posted By: Shaun Re: Voyeurs of Death collection - 11/14/07 08:21 AM
For more places to check out Evilution, visit my website, and you could even watch the book trailer I made for the, erm, book:

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!
Posted By: Shaun Re: Voyeurs of Death collection - 12/03/07 07:16 PM
I'm honoured to see that my short story collection, 'Voyeurs of Death' is listed among the nominees for the Dark Scribe 1st annual Black Quill Awards, which is a new award to honour works of dark genre literature � horror, suspense, and thrillers � from both mainstream and small press publishers.

Dark Scribe Magazine
Shaun,

Congratulations on your achievments. You must be really proud! It's an terrible honor and a horrific pleasure to have you with us on the site.

wink

Posted By: Shaun Re: Voyeurs of Death collection - 12/20/07 07:17 PM
Thanks, Justin. I was even more pleased the other day to receive an acceptance from Cemetery Dance for a short story called, 'In Darkness'. As people who like horror fiction might know, Cemetery Dance is about as high up the tree as you can get. It's a great Christmas present.
Posted By: Shaun Re: Voyeurs of Death collection - 01/10/08 09:54 AM
And a couple more reviews have filtered through:

Shaun goes straight for the jugular with every sentence and takes no prisoners ... Not one story in this collection disappointed me. - Kevin Etheridge, Dark Discoveries Magazine.

The handful of tales offered here show a writer of notable promise and talent, one who has a refreshingly original imagination and the lean writing chops to make us hungry for the full buffet likely to follow. - Dark Scribe Magazine
Posted By: BellaShorts Re: Voyeurs of Death collection - 01/10/08 10:45 AM
Wow Shaun - "Way to go" and congrats! If only it wasnt horror I might take a look - Im not brave enough though!!
Posted By: Shaun Re: Voyeurs of Death collection - 01/10/08 12:51 PM
It's not graphic horror - more macabre and surreal than that.
I have it!

It reminded me a little of some of Poe's earlier works - except with maybe a harder edge. (Best way I can think to describe it.)

My only complaint - the stories were too short. I eat novels! So a book of short stories was gone in a flash. But that's just me, if you enjoy short stories, then you will like this book.

BTW - when I start looking for a new author - half the time I go and see what the page count is on a book just to make sure it will last me longer than 2 days - LOL! That's what I mean by eating novels. I'm a horrible insomniac - so I'll literally read until 4 in the morning then fall asleep for an hour and a half before getting up for the day. When we got the last "Harry Potter" book my husband asked me who got to read it first - and I just looked at him. He handed it over, no arguments.
Posted By: Shaun Re: Voyeurs of Death collection - 01/11/08 06:36 PM
I can't complain about that comparison. Thanks. smile

By the way, if anyone is on Myspace, and they're interested in a film project that I'm co-producing with Ethan Dettenmaier (director of the upcoming film, Sin-Jin Smyth), pop along and press the friend request button at the following site to keep up to date: Deadfall
Posted By: Shaun Re: Voyeurs of Death collection - 04/15/08 07:57 AM
Check out BellaOnline's Horror Literature Editor's review of my short story collection, Voyeurs of Death:

Bella Online review.
Posted By: Shaun Re: Voyeurs of Death collection - 01/31/10 05:29 PM
I have now made this collection FREE to download for anyone interested: http://www.scribd.com/doc/25760006/Voyeurs-Of-Death
Posted By: Shaun Re: Voyeurs of Death collection - 04/11/11 09:53 AM
This collection was republished by Dark Regions Press in a lettered edition hardback with extra stories, trade paperback and as an ebook:

http://www.darkregions.com/products/Voyeurs-of-Death-by-Shaun-Jeffrey.html

Amazon.com

Amazon.co.uk
Posted By: jodiemt Re: Voyeurs of Death collection - 10/25/11 04:51 AM
Nice website Shaun!
Posted By: Martin Modelss Re: Voyeurs of Death collection - 11/15/11 12:13 AM
Hi friends!! Do you like the horror literature? Do you know a good horror book? Can you recommend someone? I have a friend recommended this book ''Join me in blood'', said me is a good story about vampires, warlocks and zombies, is a new saga. Do you read this? Can you recommended this?
Posted By: Rebekka Mirr Re: Voyeurs of Death collection - 11/15/11 12:41 AM
Maarrtin!!! I recommended you ''Join me in blood'' It's an horror and love story between witch and vampire!! It's incredible!!! A fantastic horror book born in Helsinki!!! It's very cheap in amazon kindle!! What are you waiting for? I love this book!!!
Posted By: jodiemt Re: Voyeurs of Death collection - 11/17/11 04:59 AM
Can I buy this book in India?
© BellaOnline Forums