BellaOnline
Posted By: Diana-Exotic Pets Editor Update - Diana - 10/21/12 10:28 PM
I am alive and well. The surgery ended up being a lot more extensive than they anticipated. I ended up losing a lot of blood. Though my spine doesn't feel so bad the nerves that have been crunched for so long are making my legs hurt like the dickens. I will be back and forth to Sioux Falls this week but everything should be back to normal the next week. Thank you for your understanding. Make the forum rock!!
Posted By: Lori-Dreams Re: Update - Diana - 10/22/12 03:46 AM
Diane, we are relieved and thankful that you are well. Did you get a blood transfusion? If not, you must feel very, very tired.

Can you even sit in a car for the travel? I'm sorry you are feeling such pain. frown
Posted By: Diana-Exotic Pets Editor Re: Update - Diana - 10/22/12 02:31 PM
What hurts the most Lori is the nerve that goes through the buttocks down the back of the legs and into the feet. Especially on the right side. Either sitting or trying to sleep is awful. Thankfully I didn't need a blood transfusion. The bleeding didn't start up until I got home. It had something to do with cutting through scar tissue from the previous spine surgeries. I have got to go back and forth to Sioux falls twice this week. Not a week I am looking forward to! Thank you for caring Lori!
Posted By: MGSpikers Re: Update - Diana - 10/22/12 08:52 PM
Diana, best wishes, prayers, and crossed quills for a speedy and, hopefully a complete recovery. You certainly have had more than your share of painful experiences. I've heard so many horror stories about spine surgery, that I have been searching for a neurosurgeon I feel confidence in for about two years now. Finally found one - and I'm having it done on Halloween. Kind regards, Standing Bear, the 48 hedgehogs and the 7 finches.
Posted By: Diana-Exotic Pets Editor Re: Update - Diana - 10/24/12 05:18 PM
I am glad you found a neurosurgeon you can trust. I think I feel better already knowing all those quills are crossed for me. I send all my love and prayers to you during your surgery on Halloween. I'll make sure my ferrets are doing their healing dance as they promptly fall off the bottom of the bed backwards smile

You may want to discuss this contraption with your doctor. This time I was given (will not given lol) a Spinal Stim It really helps healing. Check it out.

Take good care yourself. I will be thinking about you my friend.
Posted By: Phyllis Doyle Burns Re: Update - Diana - 10/24/12 05:31 PM
Diana, it is good to know how you are doing and to also know you seem to have strong faith and determination. Many blessings, hugs, prayers and lots of love to you.
Posted By: Diana-Exotic Pets Editor Re: Update - Diana - 10/25/12 04:38 PM
Thank you Phyllis. I think it takes strong faith to get a person through anything serious. Not necessarily any particular faith as long as you strongly believe. I found something called Noetic Sciences astronaut Edgar Mitchell founded. The concept is interesting. Nothing I have fell head over heals over, but none-the-less interesting. Dan Brown's book the Lost Symbol discussed the possibility that thought has matter. So, it is strong faith or actually that matter itself has weight, maybe with a lot of people praying influences the universe because a lot of people belief and influence because all these prayers have matter (combined) - with weight - influencing or changing. Just a thought really. Faith can also help the immune system. Or maybe it is because I stubborn? It must be one of my pondering days because I am bored, can't bend or twist and very limited after surgery lol. Thank you for everything Phyllis!

Posted By: Calla Re: Update - Diana - 11/02/12 02:01 PM
Glad you are doing well Diana. I know this last surgery was awfully extensive how do you feel? Like in, how do you really feel smile
Posted By: Susan Helene Kramer Re: Update - Diana - 11/02/12 02:47 PM
Diana, I'm sending healing thoughts your way! smile
Posted By: Diana-Exotic Pets Editor Re: Update - Diana - 11/08/12 03:50 PM
Thank you for all your kind comments. I have pretty much decided to cancel my surgery Dec 20 two major spines in two months has kicked me in the rear. Not popping back nearly so fast in fact I feel lethargic. With a crowd coming on Thanksgiving I hope I snap out of it! Especially since hubby walked in with a 24 pound turkey! He has been a wonder doing nearly everything around here so I know he will help with the goliath turkey! Thank you again for your kind thoughts and prayers!
© BellaOnline Forums