BellaOnline
Posted By: Diana-Exotic Pets Editor Chausie Cats - 01/30/11 05:07 PM
Chausie cats are intelligent, sweet, loyal, and energetic. Often I hear the term dog like (personality) for descriptive phrases. Most enjoy the water. For the right home and human family this domestic cat makes a perfectly charming pet.

Chausie Cats
Posted By: Angela J. Shirley Re: Chausie Cats - 02/20/11 09:32 PM
Diana:

An interesting article - thank you for taking the time to share this info with us. LOL, funny the comparison to dogs when I know mine will chase a cat in a heart beat.

Keep up the AWESOME site smile
Posted By: Diana-Exotic Pets Editor Re: Chausie Cats - 02/20/11 09:51 PM
Angela,

Thank you!

The comparison to the dog is from a Chausie my daughter had many years ago. This was long before I knew what a Chausie was. When he was a young kitten, my daughter tossed a ball for him to chase, he brought the ball back to her. I was floored. She tried it again to see if we were dreaming or ??, he did it again. He loved water. He was basically very uncat like smile The dog and cat took turns chasing each other, it was who had the stronger attitude that particular day.
Posted By: Angela J. Shirley Re: Chausie Cats - 02/22/11 08:26 PM
LOL, that is so CUTE smile
Posted By: Diana-Exotic Pets Editor Re: Chausie Cats - 02/22/11 08:35 PM
He was really a cute and neat cat. He died during surgery. My daughter, to this day, has never gotten over it. No one did a necropsy so we don't know what happened. It was a simple surgery. I suspect he may have had a heart problem we hadn't known about. She has never let herself get attached to an animal again. Her baby daughter had to have surgery a couple of weeks ago. My daughter was a basket case. I could only be with her, for her, there wasn't much I could say. The baby is fine smile
Posted By: Angela J. Shirley Re: Chausie Cats - 02/22/11 08:37 PM
Diana, I totally understand about not getting "attached" - I do not do well when our pets die. I did not plan on getting attached to the 2 dogs we have, but my boyfriend's son is in the Air Force and when he gets shipped to some location where they cannot go - we get them.
Posted By: Diana-Exotic Pets Editor Re: Chausie Cats - 02/26/11 12:47 PM
I am in a long drawn out process of losing a ferret now, I thought it would of been yesterday but somehow I got her through the day. I am writing an article on the subject. I have been at her side pretty much constantly. She is all bundled up with the other two ferrets right now inside their long underwear bedding. It is COLD! The ferrets usually don't wake up for another couple of hours, so I don't know what today will bring. It is heartbreaking, I rained my tears yesterday and really don't need to get started again today, hard on writing and glasses. I would never not have an animal so that I didn't have to deal with death. It is still part of life.
Posted By: Sabira - Musician Editor Re: losing a ferret - 02/26/11 12:55 PM
Originally Posted By: Diana-Exotic Pets Editor
I am in a long drawn out process of losing a ferret now, I thought it would of been yesterday but somehow I got her through the day. I am writing an article on the subject. I have been at her side pretty much constantly. She is all bundled up with the other two ferrets right now inside their long underwear bedding. It is COLD! The ferrets usually don't wake up for another couple of hours, so I don't know what today will bring. It is heartbreaking, I rained my tears yesterday and really don't need to get started again today, hard on writing and glasses. I would never not have an animal so that I didn't have to deal with death. It is still part of life.

I am so sorry, Diana,

We just need to cherish all these little loved ones with the shorter, faster lives.

Hugs,
Posted By: Diana-Exotic Pets Editor Re: losing a ferret - 02/26/11 01:09 PM
Cherish I do, and I needed that hug smile I am still waiting for them to wake up. Their cage is right next to my desk. It still is dark outside so it will be a while yet.
Posted By: Angela J. Shirley Re: losing a ferret - 02/26/11 05:47 PM
Diana, we are here for you - more hugs smile
Posted By: Diana-Exotic Pets Editor Re: losing a ferret - 02/26/11 05:59 PM
Thank you Angela smile Missy is alive and perkier she may just have avoided the reaper for awhile. I am giving her Ferretone every little bit, water, she is sleeping comfortably. The only thing difficult about having pets is losing them.
Posted By: Angela J. Shirley Re: losing a ferret - 02/27/11 07:59 PM
Yes, and we keep getting more smile

Glad to hear the good news - way to go!!!!!
Posted By: Diana-Exotic Pets Editor Re: losing a ferret - 02/27/11 08:19 PM
She is downright lively today. I just gave her the Ferretone vitamin oil she was just as boisterous as the other two. Still feeding and watering by hand and keeping her abscess drained. Debating on taking her back to the vet, my methods seem to be working.
Posted By: Angela J. Shirley Re: losing a ferret - 03/05/11 04:53 PM
Way to go Dr. Diana smile
Posted By: Diana-Exotic Pets Editor Re: losing a ferret - 03/06/11 12:14 AM
Angela, the news isn't good. Watch for Sundays article. Contact me via email if you would like. frown
Posted By: Diana-Exotic Pets Editor Re: losing a ferret - 03/06/11 12:16 AM
How did we get on ferrets on Chausie Cats? I need a short break from life.
Posted By: Angela J. Shirley Re: losing a ferret - 03/11/11 07:45 PM
Diana:

I am so SORRY frown

Hugs your way...

Originally Posted By: Diana-Exotic Pets Editor
Angela, the news isn't good. Watch for Sundays article. Contact me via email if you would like. frown
Posted By: Diana-Exotic Pets Editor Re: losing a ferret - 03/11/11 10:45 PM
Thank you Angela you're a gem smile
© BellaOnline Forums