Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
K
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
K
First of all, I have to give a big thanks to Guest Author Connie Mistler Davidson-BellaOnline�s Attention Deficit Disorder Editor smile. She did an amazing job and was generous enough to help out since I've been under the weather, and dealing with Alabama's weather.

Older women at times just rely on creams and surgical treatments to keep their skin looking young and fresh. Rather than spending all that time and money, there are steps they can follow at home to create a beautiful canvas that will look young and healthy. Read more about some easy steps to care for your skin at home.

Kim Ringler

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Tiger
Tiger
Hi Kim, I live in Columbus, Georgia which you know is about 5 minutes over the bridge from Phenix City, Alabama. I hope you are able to recover from the storms. We were lucky and had no damage, just a lot of wind.
Originally Posted By: Kim - Cosmetics
First of all, I have to give a big thanks to Guest Author Connie Mistler Davidson-BellaOnline�s Attention Deficit Disorder Editor smile. She did an amazing job and was generous enough to help out since I've been under the weather, and dealing with Alabama's weather.

Older women at times just rely on creams and surgical treatments to keep their skin looking young and fresh. Rather than spending all that time and money, there are steps they can follow at home to create a beautiful canvas that will look young and healthy. Read more about some easy steps to care for your skin at home.

K
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
K
Angela,

Yes, we were very blessed-uprooted trees, no power but but nothing like Tuscaloosa! The oddest occurance was our town ended up with mail from Mississippi in our yards! The most tense part for me was trying to keep my cats and dogs from fighting in the storm cellar mad

I read there were somen 166 touchdowns in the South, which is why Connie is my angel this week. smile

I'm glad you were OK as well! As soon as I start to feel a bit better I plan to connect with the Red Cross, there are so many people with needs and I have a lot of things I don't need. This is my first summer here so I hope this was the worst of it!

Last edited by Kim - Cosmetics; 05/05/11 09:02 PM.

Kim Ringler

C
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
C
Kim you are too kind. We folks in the Land of Oz understand tornadoes, too. Kansas is a Tornado Alley state, too.

There have been years when I think that spring was spent in the basement. Our tornado siren is about 3 houses away from our house. When it goes off, my skin just about jumps off of my body.

Connie Mistler Davidson-Editor-ADD/Sandwiches/Reading
Attention Deficit Disorder
Sandwiches
Reading
Avatar: Hope~Even when conditions are harsh, hope can bloom.

My EBook link.
Building School Success with ADD EBook Link

Tiger
Tiger
Connie, the fact that you stepped in and helped mean't alot to us all. Thank you smile

C
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
C
Kim, it looks like the time is right for some good fortune. I hope that you are doing well.

Connie Mistler Davidson-Editor-ADD/Sandwiches/Reading
Attention Deficit Disorder
Sandwiches
Reading
Avatar: Hope~Even when conditions are harsh, hope can bloom.

My EBook link.
Building School Success with ADD EBook Link

Tiger
Tiger
Kim, a good point. I now do not ask women when their baby is due. Yep, put my foot in my mouth too many times. I hate to hurt someone unintentionally and have to fight the excitement I feel for "new" moms to be. Unless I know the woman is DEFINATELY pregnant, I don't mention the subject. You are indeed a trooper and you stay in my prayers.
Originally Posted By: Kim - Cosmetics
Absolutely Angela. When I lived in Missouri, very close to Kansas=no tornado scares. The weather radio here has me in a permanant state of anxiety! And again, your article was great. It's so nice to work with women who are supportive and not so competitive as it has been at other jobs. I don't want to overdo it, but really, thanks Connie.

I believe it was you or Cricket that has said, "just pay it forward". I had a doctor's appointment and there was an elderly woman behind me. I was grabbing my side beause that's where the pain was, but I was holding the door open because that's just what I was taught to do. This sweet lady looked at my face, which was visibly exhibitating pain, and smiled sympathetically and said, "Oh honey, I promise it'll get better. You won't remember the pain after the delivery". And I'm not a big girl.

I had severe severe endometriotrisis resulting in two heartbreaking miscarriages, so I had a full hysterectomy in November. wall I just tried to laugh it off. God sure has a sense of humor sometimes,huh? sleep

Last edited by Angela J. Shirley; 05/17/11 03:53 PM.
A
A
Although I don't know, but, still want to pray for you

Edit: Thank you so much smile. Just a note please use UBB code if you are going to link to sites related to Cosmetics. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Last edited by Kim - Cosmetics; 06/16/11 02:20 PM.
K
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
K
Annada,

Welcome to the Cosmetics forum smile! I hope you enjoy participating. Thank you for the thoughtfulness, and I hope you have a wonderful day!

Kim Ringler

Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Welcome back Kim, hope you are feeling better and well done Connie, as an 'older woman', I appreciate any tips. The beauty sleep is something I have to work on. I am always up by 6.30 am and sometimes I don't sleep until the early hours. Slaps hand and makes mental note... more sleep.

Hope the winds of Alabama have died down for you Kim, did you have to deliver the Mississippi mail?

I have stopped using chemical products on my skin, it didn't matter which 'miracle' cream I tried they all irritated my skin. So now I use oils. I use argan oil from Morocco on my face and body and my skin has improve so much. I mix it with essential oils of rose, geranium, patchouli, lemon or grapefruit.

To wash my skin and my hair I use rhassoul (meaning 'to be washed') clay from Morocco. It leaves my skin clean and soft without drying it out.

The one manufactured product I am guilty of using is Bio Oil. It helps to improve the appearance of scars. I have had an undiagnosed rash on my skin since 2000 which I think has something to do with my immune system. Anyway, Bio Oil has healed up the tiny scars each itchy spot has left. It is also good on stretch marks and skin discolouration. It contains marigold, rosemary, chamomile and lavender oils. Highly recommended.

I never use sun screen and never have. I think the chemicals in these products do far more damage to us than the sun! But then I don't sun bathe either!

Again welcome back Kim and thanks Connie.

Linda Heywood

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.