Next Thread
Print Thread
Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
My husband is starting to look like he could try out some of the hair growth formulas out there. We are thinking of doing both the Rogain Foam and Progain shampoo.

What are people's experiences with hair regrowth products?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Well, we made an order for DH for the Rogain Foam stuff. We will take some before and after pics and update you on his progress. Supposedly it takes two months to start working, and that if it doesn't work w/i 4 months, it won't work for you at all.

We also hear that you have to keep using it, all the time, to stop the hair loss.

Anyone have any experience with this? Should we get the shampoo too?

Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Okay - our Rogain arrived from Amazon today. It's actually called Minoxidil Hair Regrowth Treatment and it comes in dropper bottles.

It says on the box that is takes 2-4 months to show if it works, and that you need to use a drop on your bald spot twice a day. That sounds easy enough for my honey. smile

It also adds that this only works on the bald-in-the-back-of-the-head spots. NOT for receding hairlines or "frontal baldness." So this is perfect for our situation.

I will take before, during and after shots for everyone to log how this works for us. My DH is 41 years old and has that back of the head spot. He is a non-smoker, eats healthy, hydrates, stays out of the sun, and works out. So an otherwise healthy, but aging male.

Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Okay, we are almost two months into our treatment regime for DH's bald spot and it's starting to work!! smile DH can feel little hairs growing in the formerly smooth patch. Nothing really visible but new hairs growing is a good sign!

Last edited by Jilly; 06/26/08 07:29 PM.
Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
I added a picture to my post above - this is two months into using Rogain twice a day. There are little hairs growing in but they are not detectable in this shot, so this is essentially the bald spot, how it appeared when he began.

A week ago DH started using Rogain only once a day - in the evenings - as he said it's been making his scalp feel itchy.

Here is the same picture as a thumbnail so you can see the whole spot, just not as up close:

Last edited by Jilly; 06/26/08 07:34 PM.
Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Well, we are hitting a snag with the Rogain. It's starting to hurt/itch/irritate Dan's head. The directions say to stop using it if this happens. I will have to do some research on this. Anyone have any experience with this?

M
M
Originally Posted By: Jilly
My husband is starting to look like he could try out some of the hair growth formulas out there. We are thinking of doing both the Rogain Foam and Progain shampoo.

What are people's experiences with hair regrowth products?

My husband used it for awhile and it helped a little, but as soon as you stop you lose your hair again and so looking back I'd say it wasn't worth the money

Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Thanks for the info Mamame. It's one of those 'use it forever if you want to keep your hair' things.

Dan has stopped using it now. It was getting beyond itching and irritating to the point of hurting. It's been a few days since he's used it and it still hurts.

Has anyone else had this experience?

Last edited by Jilly; 07/02/08 03:27 PM.
Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Update - Dan's scalp has stopped hurting since he stopped using the Rogain. It's too bad he had a reaction to the product, since it WAS working. But it's not worth him having pain to have hair. oh well! I will write this up as an article and post the URL here when done.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.