logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
KSSassy Offline OP
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
Don't forget to order the latest Ring of Honor PPV! It airs this Friday (in my area on InDemand for the price of $14.95 -- and worth every cent!). The card looks awesome. And yours truly will be doing the usual review of Respect Is Earned II!

The following from ROH

ROH "Respect Is Earned II" will premiere on pay-per-view on iN DEMAND, The DISH Network and TVN cable systems this Friday, August 1st. There will also be replays on iN DEMAND this Sunday at 6pm and if you get the 3rd iN DEMAND PPV channel this Saturday at 8pm. You can also see it on The DISH Network's All Day Ticket this Sunday. For an affordable price of $9.95-$14.95 all we ask is that you give ROH a chance to earn your respect.

A few journalists have already seen an advanced copy. We can hype this PPV all we want, but nothing speaks more than what impartial critics have said. Did ROH earn their respect?

"All in all, yet another strong showing from what's turning into the best kept secret on PPV, Ring of Honor. The ROH Tag Team bout between champs Age of the Fall and challengers Bryan Danielson & Austin Aries is worth the $10 price tag alone. The Fight Without Honor between Strong and Stevens is a fitting end to their feud with the blow-off grudge match we rarely see in the realm of sports entertainment. From top to bottom, if you want athletics in your wrestling, you want ROH, who start their second year of PPVs the same as their first - with a wrestling PPV focused on great wrestling." - Mike Johnson at PWinsider.com

"The show (TNA Victory Road) paled in comparison to the Respect is Earned II from ROH (I�ve seen the show, which debuts at the end of the month) when it came to wrestling and logic...." - Dave Meltzer in the July 21st Wrestling Observer Newsletter

"I highly recommend this PPV when it premiers this Friday on PPV. You won�t get more value for your dollar than you do with ROH PPVs. Stevens and Black are really stepping up and becoming must-see performers in the company. Their performances on this show are the highlights of the PPV. The production on this show was fantastic by ROH standards as well." - Sean Radican at PWTorch.com

August 1st is the date that pro wrestling becomes a sport again on PPV. No silly backstage vignettes, nothing that will insult your intelligence, no lame attempts at comedy, just the best action and matches from the opening match to the main event.

Here is the lineup for "Respect Is Earned II" on pay-per-view starting on August 1st. Give ROH a chance to earn your respect with this card on iN DEMAND, The DISH Network and TVN cable systems:

ROH World Tag Team Title Match
Jimmy Jacobs & Tyler Black defend vs. Bryan Danielson & Austin Aries

ROH World Title Match
Nigel McGuinness defends vs. Go Shiozaki

Fight Without Honor
Erick Stevens vs. Roderick Strong

Six Man Tag Team Match
Brent Albright, Delirious & Pelle Primeau vs. Chris Hero, Adam Pearce & Eddie Edwards

Singles Competition
Claudio Castagnoli vs. Davey Richards

Tag Team Challenge
Ruckus & Jigsaw vs. Kevin Steen & El Generico

Plus more with Larry Sweeney, Sara Del Rey, Daizee Haze and many others!!!

ROH has consistently delivered on pay-per-view and "Respect Is Earned II" will continue that tradition. You know that you will get more than your money's worth with ROH PPV. Don't miss the premiere of "Respect Is Earned II" on August 1st!!!

KSSassy
BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!
Sponsored Post Advertisement
D
DPu Offline
Shark
Shark
D
What were the thoughts of those who watched it?

KSSassy Offline OP
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
Grrrr, I haven't seen it yet! My cable company and I are having a battle over ROH's latest pay per view. First, they tried to charge over double what the ppv should cost (and I'm not complaining about the cost, ROH is worth it, but ROH wasn't aware of what the cable company pulled) and I was on the phone with the cable company trying to get them to fix that when I realized I couldn't get the ppv myself. It has happened and I missed the debut night but I've always managed to get it the next day. This time it didn't work the next day either. I'm trying again on the 9th and it had BETTER work this time! I'll post my review/opinions as soon as I see the show.

KSSassy
BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!
D
DPu Offline
Shark
Shark
D
Oh man, that's pretty rediculous! I had heard about that too. I hope you get to watch it as I think you'll be pleased. The Fight Without Honor is worth it as well as the tag team title match. Tyler Black & Erick Stevens are definitely the future of this industry!

KSSassy Offline OP
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
Originally Posted By: DPu
Oh man, that's pretty rediculous! I had heard about that too. I hope you get to watch it as I think you'll be pleased. The Fight Without Honor is worth it as well as the tag team title match. Tyler Black & Erick Stevens are definitely the future of this industry!

I will see it or else!

Yes, they are! I'm glad to hear another positive opinion about
Black and Stevens.

Did you see Black versus McGuiness?

KSSassy
D
DPu Offline
Shark
Shark
D
Are you kidding me? That's probably my favorite match of this year. I really didn't think his title defenses could get any better after Nigel/Aries, but this quite possibly surpassed it. They continued to tear the house down at the Hammerstein last weekend.

Stevens is very underrated in a lot of fans eyes. What's great about him is he's a bigger guy to ROH standards & can still do much of the things ROH fans love in their matches. He completely fits the style & personifies what wrestling should be. Another guy you should look out for who I expect to be in ROH in a year or so is Jon Davis. Another guy who is bigger but can go with the ROH style.

KSSassy Offline OP
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
The first time I saw Tyler Black, I just knew he was one of those wrestlers with great star quality. He isn't proving me wrong.

I think everyone looked at Stevens and thought he was a big farm boy who couldn't cut it. I saw him as a larger guy who had the ability in the ring the first time I saw him. Awesome wrestler.

Jon Davis? Do you know where he is working now or where I might be able to catch a match?

KSSassy
D
DPu Offline
Shark
Shark
D
JD is now featured a lot in FIP. His best match that I've seen thusfar is him vs. Erick Stevens on a pro wrestling riot show. It's cheap & available at the ROH store. I think the show's title is Uncontrollable.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.