logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#7866 01/23/05 03:24 PM
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
Not sure if this is the case or not. I thought maybe you would know. I mean for all I know a Danio is the male name of a fish and the females have different names. I am not an expert on fish by any means lol. Still learning.

Anyway my fish seem to be fine after my earlier emergency. No more deaths have occurred, so I think I have averted the crisis. My question is this. How do you tell if a fish is pregnant?

The one danio that I thought was deformed like the others. Well now it looks like it's stomach is just much bigger then the rest. The fish seems fine except for the fact that it looks pregnant.

So my questions are is it possible for one of my danios to be pregnant, and should I isolate the fish in question?

All the other fish seem to want to pick on that one fish a lot. So even if it is just a deformity or maybe even swimbladder what should I do with the fish. I don't have any other aquariums.

Love is a poison so sweet you can't help but embrace death.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
#7867 01/23/05 10:06 PM
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Sounds like you have one female for alot of males..

Danios are a very randy fish..lol...they seem to spawn constantly. The females probably always have eggs in them so thier bellies are rounder than the males...that's one way to tell them apart. What you need to do is get more females in there to take some of the attention from the one you have. I believe you have 6 danios already?...in a 10 gallon?...not sure how many you want to keep..perhaps you can bring some of the males back and the petstore will switch some..but I doubt it..lol.

I have one female that all the males seemed to favor and the poor girl ended up hunched and ragged..so I took her out. She is enjoying a holiday in with my female bettas and doing wonderfully. I do have 2 other female danios, but for some reason they would all gang up on that one.

#7868 01/23/05 10:08 PM
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
OH...and don't worry about what to do with any eggs that they produce. Danios are prolific egg eaters..they will scoff them up before they even have a chance. I did find a few fry in my tank a few times, but they didn't last very long.

#7869 01/23/05 10:22 PM
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
Well I was kinda thinking that was something I might want to avoid... I didn't want to have poor little fishies dying =0(

Love is a poison so sweet you can't help but embrace death.

Moderated by  Mary_Betta_Fish 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.