#596500 04/19/10 04:48 PM
K
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
K
I have been writing as the 12 Step Recovery editor for over 3 years and honestly have never come to this site. And it is all about addictions! I am under contract to write a book on addictions and interventions. Wow! I don't remember what I even wrote on my 12 Step Recovery forum but for those of you who are in recovery, or know someone who is from any addiction, would you take a look at the 12 Step Recovery forum? It is under "Family" and comes right before this one.

Also, for those of you who had been writing about smoking...it was my hardest addiction (and I had many) and I quit using the patch and the steps I had practiced and have been smoke free for over 3 years. Other friends had taken Chantix and if you really want to stop smoking, it works. You have to really want to quit for any of it to work. Anyway, please see my forum about your recovery stories.

Blessings,
Kathy L.
12 Step Recovery Editor

Sponsored Post Advertisement
L
L

Last edited by lizagill; 06/14/10 05:29 AM.
Gecko
Gecko
Some friends of mine have tried various methods to quit smoking including the patch, the antidepressant Wellbutrin and Chantix with limited results.

The most amazing thing that I saw was when a lady who had tried all of the above with no luck managed to quit cold turkey with hypnosis! It was absolutely astonishing.

It worked so well it made me wish that I had the money to go to her hypnotist to see if he could make me stop eating chocolate! LOL

msbaby #605043 06/15/10 03:45 AM
L
L

F
Koala
Koala
F
Hi, i am proud to say i�m not a smoker for 2 years now. I also had tried everything possible, nothing worked for me except for hypnosis, when you think about how much money you spend on cigs. or all the products trying to quit, then you can afford hypnosis.If you really truely want to quit, then try it.

Flower
Gecko
Gecko
I'm so glad to see your reply flower70, I thought that people would think I was a kook for suggesting it.

One thing I have heard is that for the hypnosis to continue to be effective that you either have to continue going to the hypnotist for followup sessions or master self-hypnosis.

Have you found this to be the case?

msbaby #605944 06/20/10 07:42 AM
F
Koala
Koala
F
Hi msbaby, i guess i would say self-hypnosis. When i get the feeling that i need a cig. or think oh it doesn�t stink all that bad, i have to do self-hypnosis,i tell myself how bad cigs. stink, you don�t want to smoke anymore, think of your health. And believe it or not, it works again, for a very long time. The urge comes very very seldom,thank the gods. But when and if it comes then i do this saying and it works for me.

Flower

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.