Print Thread
#134259 06/17/03 07:45 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So, it seems as if this Atkins diet, and other such fad diets, is not the best idea. So then, what is?

My goal is to lose about 20 lbs (From 140 to 120 or 115- I am 5'2" and 22 yrs old), before Spring 2004 for my wedding. I am very good about exercising (at least, when I am focused on losing weight) and I have had little to no trouble going for a run every day. However, I have somehow managed to *gain* two and a half lbs since starting a month ago.

I figure it is my diet, because I am not good about watching what I eat. I don't pig out or eat a lot of junk food or fast food, but I also don't count calories. Maybe I should be counting calories?? I do not know enough as I should about nutrition so I could use some advice. I know I should cut out sodas, because I drink a lot of them, maybe a can or two a day, and ice cream, which I have occasionally. It is really hard to do so because I have a sweet tooth nurtured since childhood and I have cut out all kinds of sweets (think Little Debbie and Sara Lee!) completely, but those are the things I find it hard to give up because I love them so much! I need to concentrate my willpower. Other than that, is there any kind of plan that I should be following?I would be greatful for anyone's input and suggestions. I don't want to put on the lbs I lose (if I lose them!) right after the wedding, so I would just in general like to know if there is good guide to follow about eating right.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
I've been hearing tons of good things about the South Beach Diet - it seems to be a diet that nutritionists and doctors love and feel is very healthy. Also I did find when I biked a lot that I would gain weight because my fat was turning into muscle - and muscle is heavier. So I wouldn't look at what you weigh! I'd look at what you *look* like and feel like, which is much more important ...

I had to train myself to like diet soda better than regular soda but I am SO glad I did. Now I actively choose diet soda because I like the taste, and it's amazing how many calories are "wasted" by drinking a sugar-laden soda ...

P. Pureheart
I found Herbalife 3 years ago and it changed my life. The products carry a 100% money-back guarantee. The chair of our medical and scientific advisory board is Dr. David Heber - the founding director of the Center for Human Nutrition at UCLA and one of the top nutrition experts in the world. I would be happy to speak with you personally and give you some more information and/or free samples, if you like. You can leave me a message toll free at 800-986-2230 with the best time to call you or email me at: [email]margaret.williams@cox.net.<br[/email] />-Margaret

Zebra
Zebra
Hi Anita,

You may want to look at the Curves For Women program. It is designed with the premise that women will "cheat" and not eat "healthy" 100% of the time. Also, it's not an eating plan that regulates you to a lifetime of dieting. In fact, once you get your metabolism sped up, you can train your body to burn fat--and only have to "diet" 2-3 days a month IF you regain the 3 pound "leeway" that departs from your ideal weight.

Here are a few articles I've written about Curves:

Curves: Permanent Results Without Permanent Dieting

Should You Be Counting Calories or Carbs?

You don't have to exercise at the Curves gym to get weight loss results, but exercising helps to increase your metabolism and ensures that you're not losing precious muscle--which is what helps burn fat in the first place.

Moderated by  Moss - Nutrition Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.