Next Thread
Print Thread
O
Omily Offline OP
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
O
In the society, it is a common phenominon to give people gifts, do you like this phenominon?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
It is always wonderful when we can give gifts from the heart; you know, just giving because you want to. You give a gift to say Thank you or a gift to say I was thinking of you or a gift because you know the person would really appreciate the item. Regardless, yes, it is a beautiful thing, especially when neither person is expecting any thing.

Yvonnie DuBose
Inspiration
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
I think of it as involving obligation, mainly because we have entire holidays devoted to the expected exchange of gifts. It's adds a lot of baggage to something that should just be a nice experience.

N
N
I never expect a gift back when I give a gift and I never expect a gift when I invite someone over my house and I never expect something back when I help someone. All I want is that the person who got a gift or an invitation or help is happy about it, a thank you of course does not hurt but if I see that the person is truely grateful then a thank you is not needed since I can see that it was accepted with happiness. People who give and expect something back do not deserve anything at all. Just like when you invite someone over your house then expect a cake or something you do not deserve to have people to invite to your house. As far as holidays are concerned I do not celebrate any so I do not buy gifts for holidays, I send ecards to my online friends and always say in these cards that if they do not celebrate to have an happy normal day (i found out that this website have ecards so from now on i will send them), that's it as far as holidays goes. If people are mad at me for not celebrating any holidays and not giving them anything on these days then it's their problem.

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Nancy and Jilly-

I agree. I too give with no expectation of reciprocity. I always say, "If you give a gift and then see the person wiping their butt with it, that should be okay, it was theirs to wipe their butt with." Once I give it to you, it is no longer mine to be concerned about. I gave it because I thought you would appreciate it and if that is how you show your appreciation, then that is what you do (lol). My kids think I'm crazy with that concept.

Holidays, I love them. I love the magic in the air. I don't kill myself trying to get gifts for everyone I know, but I absolutely enjoy that nudge of thinking of people I normally don't consider when I see quirky items in store windows.

I really enjoy giving.

Courtesy, I love.

Yvonnie DuBose
Inspiration

Moderated by  Yvonnie-Inspired 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.