Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
A
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
A
With the tough economy, are you altering travel plans? Perhaps keeping it local? What will you do this summer?

Aimee Wood
Natural Living
Sponsored Post Advertisement
M
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
M
Aimee, We are going to do local stuff, and it won't be such a bad thing and my kids are already excited because one of the first things we are going to do is go on a family picnic (and invite extended family if they would like to go) we will spend the day, we are planning a fishing trip, a hike,going to a corn boil,strawberry picking,nature center and antiquing. My teens,tween, and little one are the ones coming up with the ideas! We will be gone every weekend and it will be great, I can't wait.

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor

Last edited by mary-tea1; 03/23/09 10:50 PM.

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Tea Forum
B
Gecko
Gecko
B
I don't really have travel plans for the summer - at least nothing definite. All my trips this year, except for Disney in about a week - are to visit friends. I'm going to Canada to visit a high school friend who moved there, to Atlanta in the fall to visit a friend who moved there and maybe Salem, OR to visit a friend who moved there! It'll be very inexpensive since basically I'll just have to pay for airfare and some sightseeing type of stuff.

Barbara Sharpe

Koala
Koala
I have travel plans for late spring. I have been waiting for years, though I loved my parents it was difficult to have some exotic pets. I could have no skunks in California. They have passed away, I miss them. but, now I am in a skunk legal state and I will be going to New Sharron, Iowa for my new baby pet skunk.

J
J
Hi all, new to the board, but not to living simply. Several years ago, when we decided to drop out of the rat race, we bought a pop-up camper (there are only 3 of us in our immediate family). It has been great for family, or romantic vacations. A weeks stay at the local lake costs about $125 for the space rental. The food we cook costs no more than we would pay at home (except a little more beer for the hubby who doesn't have to drive for this type of vacation.) At the lake - my daughter floats about all day, perfectly content - or pushes her kayak out for time away from the adults. So nice!

Jellyfish
Jellyfish
That sounds fantastic, janie from South Carolina! So relaxing. One of our best vacations was truly simple. We had NO plans. One afternoon, my husband had a hankering from some San Francisco sourdough bread and on a whim, he whisked us off. We went home first to toss in a few days worth of clothes but had no reservations, no plans. What an adventure! We did not have a lot of money, but we made it. We shared a bowl of clam chowder on the wharf, noshed on some dim sum in China Town, drove down Lombardi Street, the red light district (!) and over the Golden Gate bridge. Toured the Ghiradelli Square. It is one of our best memories of travel. And so so so simple. No planning, no stress. ahhhh.

Jellyfish
Jellyfish
Another idea that simplies travel is to set up an annual getaway. It might sound as though it would get boring or routine, but it takes your vacation to a new level. I wouldn't recommend it if you only can take one vacation a year but if you can do more, think about a regular destination where you can get to know the staff or locals and explore sites you normally wouldn't if you had to stay for only a short time. Our family, for example, has an annual reunion in Vegas. We've gone for years. The girls shop, the kids (supervised) go to the theatres and swim, and everyone dines and gambles a bit. Someone gets a large suite for us to gather for non-gambing games. We get cheap or free rates because the hotel staff know us. The older kids and their mates rent a limo and visit the Strip or see a show. Again, there are no formal plans. They make it up as they go along. The ony requisite is one or two family dinners at a buffet.

Moderated by  Tina - Living Simply 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.