logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#670342 03/15/11 10:44 AM
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
According to Robert Osborn, Thelma Todd - the sexy blonde actress from the early 30s - died under mysterious circumstances in 1935 at age 29. Apparently, no one knows if it was suicide, murder, and some kind of illness...
Does anyone know anything about this?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Parakeet
Parakeet
Thelma Todd was a very attractive actress for her time. She was also a great comedy foil for many film comedians.

Here is one online account of her life and death, The Death of Thelma Todd

Last edited by Craig58; 03/16/11 05:51 PM.
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
Hey, thanks for the link! that's a fascinating article, including the photos. But it does leave mystery surrounding her death...

I wonder if a movie was ever made about her life and death? It seems like it would be excellent subject matter for a mystery story!

I think Thelma was very attractive for any time.

Parakeet
Parakeet
Thelma Todd was a good actress, but we will never know what her full potential would have been since she left the world so young. I doubt there has been a Thelma Todd movie. She could have become the comedic Marylin Monroe of the 1930s if she had lived longer.

Parakeet
Parakeet
I wonder how many Thelma Todd movies still exist. I would like to have seen some of the Thelma Todd and Zasu Pitts movies. Those would have been interesting.

Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
I recently saw her in several movies on TCM. I think she was a good dramatic, as well as comedic, actress. She had an interesting role in the original Maltese Falcon, you know (a version many years before Bogie's).

A
A
Hey there Alicia! The link to the article on Findadeath.com is a good one. I heard that in one of the cases, she was killed by the mob because of something that had to do with her restaurant, Thelma Todd's Sidewalk Cafe. You mentioned that you saw Todds in a few pictures on TCM. I'm not sure if you're referring to the ones that she did with Zasu Pitts, which were excellent comedic ones when Hal Roach wanted to make them the female "Laurel and Hardy". Although I haven't written about Todd's mysterious death yet, I did write about Todd's partnership with Pitts if you would like to read it. smile

[url= http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art68432.asp]The Partnership of Pitts and Todd[/url]

Last edited by Amber Grey - Classic Film; 03/26/11 05:17 PM.
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
Thanks Amber. I was not familiar with her partnership with Pitts. I have seen her in a lot of L&H films. I love them!
I'm very interested in mysteries, and her death certainly seems like a big one.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.