logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
G
OP Offline
G
Dear all which kind of html script shall I write in order to limit access to my web page? WHAT DO I MEAN : I would like that only people having the password can read my web page HOW TO DO IT? I was reading the Bella HTML notes and I could manage to write a script (HTML copied in fact from her notes ) and could see on my screen the box where to in-put the password. My question is : at this point I need to write some other script in order for the user,provided that he has in-put the right password, to be redirect to my home page - HOW TO DO? Hoe I have been clear enough thanks in advance for the help Mauro

Last edited by garibaldi; 09/15/09 04:48 AM.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
S
S
I am a newbie here. I am in the same boat dear, don't have any idea.

C
C
If you want your website password protected then you must add few PHP or Java modules. Or the better option is to make your website with CMS like Wordpress, Joomla or drupal.

S
S
Joomala is good option for website with cms but how to use password protection?

Last edited by sameerbp; 09/24/12 09:03 AM.
let me count the ways: 1. if your server supports PHP/CGI then you'd best use .htaccess to block access to directories and pop up a password dialogue. 2. if your server supports another language then look into password system tutorials online 3. Use some existing software like wordpress to create content and lock it away from non registered users.

A
A
If you want your website CMS like Wordpress, Joomla or drupal is best content management system with protected your password private

R
Amoeba
Amoeba
R
htaccess Password Generator is a simple online form that you can use to generate the codes to password-protect your site. To use this form, you need to insert your username, password, path to your . htaccess file, and the names of the files to be protected. It will then generate a set of codes that you can add to your htaccess file, and another set of codes that you want to save as a .htpasswd text file and upload it on your server.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.