logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
D
OP Offline
D
In 2005 I had downloaded a 'free' quilt pattern in .pdf sections. It was on a lot of sites. The name of it is [i[u]]"Everything's Coming Up Roses."[/u] I've had the fabric for it all this time, and was getting it out of all my huge amounts of materials. I had my last computer "crash"...and the .pdf files were in that computer. Seeing the pattern is SO old...every site has pulled it off. Does anybody know a site where the downloads are still "active?" I thank you all in advance

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Amoeba
Amoeba
Hi, I will look on my cd's with all my quilt files. But will have to do it later today or tomorrow. I have been saving patterns forever. But I put them on cd to make sure I will still have them. I bet you save now too?
Okay, let me know if someone else gets it for you and I will stop looking.

Donna Rae
G
Zebra
Zebra
G
With a little searching this is what I found. This quilt was a "Block of the Month" from Block Central.com in 2005. Only about half of the blocks are still available. Those details which are available including the illustration of the completed quilt can be found at BOMQuilts.com at this link: Everything's Coming Up Roses .

A search at Block Central will give you patterns for the block which are no longer available. Most of the block patterns follow, you'll need to figure the rest: Variable Star, Twin Star, Double T, A Dandy, Bradford Nine Patch, Mrs. Brown Choice, Tin Man, Honeymoon, London Roads, and Rolling Stones. Sorry this isn't complete, but unless Donna Rae finds them on her CD, this may be all there is. Good Luck!! GrannyH

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...
It's about learning to dance in the rain."
Hi, I had a quick look just now to see if I could find anything. This link takes you to a site that sells a book with this pattern in.This is the link, I hope this helps you Olivier111 www.trademe.co.nz/Crafts/Quilting/Patterns/auction-222099586.htm -

G
Zebra
Zebra
G
cry A second trip to the link I gave tells me there is even less there then I thought there was. I hope you are able do find this pattern.

www.thecountrystitcher.com/Block-of-the-Month.htm - I think this is the pattern you are looking for

The Book I mentioned earlier is called Creative Patchwork Quilts and is selling on amazon at the moment. Good Luck.

G
Zebra
Zebra
G
That is the same one. I suppose it's not available from Block Central any longer because it will be sold from 'the country stitcher'?

G
Zebra
Zebra
G
Diane Lynn: My final little bit of research, because you will not want to purchase the 'kit' above if you already have the fabric. The blocks are:

Jan - Variable Star
Feb - Shoofly
Mar - Churn Dash
Apr - Twin Star
May - Double (or Capital) T
Jun - A Dandy
Jul - Bradford 9-patch
Aug - Mrs. Brown Choice
Sep - Tin Man (Summer Breeze as a sub)
Oct - Honeymoon
Nov - London Roads
Dec - Rolling Stones

That's all from me. Let's see if we still hear from Donna Rae. whistle GrannyH

D
OP Offline
D
First of all I'd like to thank all of you gals for helping me find these instructions! You are to be commended ;-) I went to the individual blocks...and they're right on the money...except in the quilt the block has some extra around each block. Also I am on only my 2nd quilt right now. My first was "Turning Twenty" and the second I'm still hand-stitching the top..."Carabbean Courtyard." So I'm kind of a novice at "guestimating" sizes and inches and so forth that I need for the lines that connect the blocks. I went to lots of sites and found out that there indeed is a quilt with that name in the book "Creative Patchwork Quilts"...but it also mentions "applique"...and there is no applique on this quilt. I wish I could see a picture from inside. I went to so many sites I'm dizzy ;-) And to complicate matters worse..in New Zealand they're making a quilt called the same thing with everything included but I'd have to buy the whole package (LOL) I bought the exact amount of fabric for the similar different colors, and got the downloaded .pdf files from Fat Quarter's Shop. IF I only would have backed it up or "double-downloaded" it...I would have it. So I don't know what I'm going to do now. That was to be my 1st quilt, but then Kimberly of Fat Quarter's Shop, suggested I get my feet wet with a simple one first. She suggested the Turning Twenty. It's great for a first-time quilter! I guess I'll keep looking and posting on even "more" forumns...again LOL ;-) I put one post on the forumn at Amazon.com. If only I knew what the quilt in that book looked like...I would buy one of the nice used ones they offer. A good way to get cheaper books! So, in case you "accidentally" find something...could you please post it on here? I have a funny feeling I'm not going to be able to figure out the whole quilt with just the "basic" blocks and no finishing instructions. And you're right...I now back up any quilt pattern I even think looks pretty to me ;-) I gotta get with it for being 61! My love and gratitude... ~Diana Lynn~

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Judie Quilting Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.