Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
My article posted today is titled "My most important quilting tool".I've thought about all the pieces of equipment and tools that I use when creating and I've chosen the one most important quilting tool that I use. Here's the link for you.
BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Judie Bellingham
Editor Australia & Quilting Sites

www.bellaonline.com/site/australia
www.bellaonline.com/site/quilting
Sponsored Post Advertisement
G
G
What an interesting subject! I couldn't do without my needle threader, quarter-inch foot and very sharp little sissors. I wish I could be more original but I will leave that to my quilting sisters out there. You got me thinking though!
Onward quilting....

BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
My two most important quilting tools are my "quilter's quarter" and my bees wax. I prefer to hand piece so my rotary cutter doesn't get much use, but I mark all my sewing lines with the quarter inch marker, couldn't do without it.

And since I hand piece, that's a lot of thread that would tangle as I sew without the bees wax.

I also wanted to thank-you for the New Jersey pattern. I've been waiting for that one. Now I want to make a quilt with the N.J. block for my home state and Missouri for my adopted home.;)

Gecko
Gecko
My mostimportant tools are my good ol' quilting needle, threads, thimble, threader and my quilting frame (it's wide enough for king quilts). I prefer hand piecing and hand quilnting if time isn't a huge issue. And, let's not forget the computer for locating the perfect pattern!

Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
My hands! and I am concerned that the arthritis I have been having problems with will slow me down on quilting and needlework projects.

One of my favorite tools is a curved hand quilting needle which makes it easier to get that needle point back up through all the fabric to the top of the quilt.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
T
T
My most important tool is my thimble as well. I regard mine as a precious gift. It belonged to my grandmother who was 87 when she died 27 years ago. She was given it as a child when she first started sewing. It is my link to the past and is irreplacable. Every time I used it I think of her. I am the only one of her 6 grandaughters who do needlework, so I think she would be proud of me.

Teppy, I am sure your grandmother is proud of you! I also have a very old thimble that belonged to my mother-in-law's mother and it is over 100 years old. It is gold and has a little hole in the end where the needles had worn through. I do not use it in order to preserve it as is, but I do keep it in my little box with all my other thimbles, so I see it and hold it every time I open that box. It is a precious memento of over a century of sewing with loving hands.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
L
L
My most important quilting tool is the telephone. I call my mother-in-law to bounce ideas off her and to commiserate on my mistakes. She's there when I need energy and she there when I just need a friend. I have yet to find a quilting circle or get one established and I live a distance from town. - So to the telephone I go!

L
L
It's me again. My second most important quilting tool is my bed. It's up high and just the right height for lining-up, cutting and pinning both small and large projects. The other morning I needed the bed for quilting only I still had clothes to be folded and put away sitting on the bed. Needless to say I was a bit frantic!

My best quilting tool is the 2 pieces of batting I keep next to my sewing machine. One is to put all of my pieces of thread on. The other I use to put my scissors ,seam ripper, pins, and machine feet on. Then they are always at hand and don't fall on the floor. You can put a little double sided tape to keep the batting in place. I also keep on my sewing table, a couple of Ice Cream tubs, to put the cottons I use most, Black, White, Cream and so on. The other I put any templates I may be using at the time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Judie Quilting Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.