Next Thread
Print Thread
G
GrannyH Offline OP
Zebra
OP Offline
Zebra
G
You said this morning in this week's newletter that you plan to start releasing the State Capital Blocks at the beginning of 2009. Do you have a plan for how frequently we will be seeing them? I have no concept for the amount of work each will take, so I don't know if one per week or one per month is reasonable for my expectations. I was also wondering if we could be sure that the state blocks will be complete before your next endeavor.

You asked in the newsletter if your instructions were clear. Absolutely!! is my response. I look at a block and wonder where to start. You make it very clear. I'm looking at some other blocks you haven't done and my first question is 'What would Judie have me do?' I've been able to work myself through a couple with that thinking.

Thank You, GrannyH

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...
It's about learning to dance in the rain."
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
Hi BellaQuilters, I've given a lot of thought as to how I'm going to approach the State Capitals Quilt Blocks Series. Now, there are 50 blocks and if I were to post one a week, it would be a whole year before the whole blocks were completed. So, on looking at the blocks, some are very easy to create diagrams and instructions, some others not so. I think the following plan is best. Between now and the beginning of 2009, I'll create as many of the easy blocks as possible, to get a bank up, so to speak. Then on the last Sunday of every month, I'll post one, two or maybe more blocks as I have them completed. That way, hopefully it won't take the whole 12 months for you to collect these patterns. At the end of the series, I'll include directions for sashings and backing sizes for quilts with various blocks, to help those of you that want to sash quilt your blocks. I hope this makes sense to everyone, please let me know if you think there's a better way, I'm open to suggestions. And thankyou Grannyh, for your lovely comments, I truly thrive on encouragement. Happy quilting everyone,
Cheerio for now

Judie Bellingham
Editor Australia & Quilting Sites

www.bellaonline.com/site/australia
www.bellaonline.com/site/quilting
G
GrannyH Offline OP
Zebra
OP Offline
Zebra
G
Judie, I really appreciated that you let us in on your thought process. I expected to hear that you would be releasing these one per month; and I didn't know if I wanted to wait a little more than four years to have them all. But then I realized with the speed I move, I'll still be doing the States Quilt in four year's time. I'm not really that slow, but it might not be quilted by then. For now, thanks for the answers.

I'd also like to tell you how much I enjoyed the "May I introduce...." article. It's not dated so I don't know when you did it, but it was very good reading. Wish I could visit the Patchwork Angel. I never get out of the Midwest.

GrannyH

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...
It's about learning to dance in the rain."
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
Hi GrannyH, thanks for your comments. I hope the plan for the State Capitals suits most of the BellaOnline Quilters, let me know everyone, if you have a better idea!

GrannyH, you said you'd like to visit the Patchwork Angel, well you can - here's their website -BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Judie Bellingham
Editor Australia & Quilting Sites

www.bellaonline.com/site/australia
www.bellaonline.com/site/quilting
Amoeba
Amoeba
He everyone! Judie, I agree with GrannyH about the state blocks. But most of all Thanks so much for doing this and for figuring out a way to do the blocks the way you have planned. I enjoy each one. Donna Rae

Donna Rae

Moderated by  Judie Quilting Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.