Print Thread
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
OP Online Content
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
I've been reading a rather scary article today. It tells us about how
Quote:
Coffee’s struggles with changing climate are well-documented, but the impacts on tea are just coming into focus. Early research indicates that tea growing regions could decline in some parts of the world by up to 40-55% in the coming decades and the qualities, particularly for high-end teas, could also change.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
M
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
M

Dear Mona, I have heard that coffee plantations have been consuming up some of the most pristine areas in the world~ Coffee consumption in the United States is still somewhat a leader in hot drinks, but not in the world- tea is #1 next to water! So the demand is quite high.

But what I am hearing out of tea farming and plantations is the words sustainability! More and more "they" are becoming more responsible as a business because regrowth is a major part of the tea business!

Without tea bush maturity tea as a whole tea itself may not prosper ~ Enter organic farming and hot house farming, enter little farms, and small batch tea planting.

The Tea Industry has several watch dog groups within that are constantly looking for ways to improve and continue to make tea a viable business and a natural healthy business; and the environ plays a huge part in it!

Perhaps I shall revisit this subject matter and do another article on this~

I wouldn't worry too much just yet.

Oooh I just read article!!! Yes I did an article some time back on climate change~ seasonal woes from drought killing all the plants to overly wet killing the tea bushes. Yes climate change is real and it is happening in many areas. Studies still going on. Tea Industry says they'll adjust.

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Tea Forum
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
That depends on how quickly the climate changes. If those 'hot spots' in the Atlantic and Pacific reach the tipping point the results could be dramatic!!

Last edited by Ninjahedgewych; 06/29/15 10:23 PM.

Ian - Pagan Editor

"We can never obtain peace in the outer world until we make peace with ourselves."

"With realization of one's own potential and self-confidence in one's ability, one can build a better world. "

Dalai Lama
M
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
M
Dear Ninjahedgewych,

I will continue to monitor this subject and I may even do another article concerning this especially if the opinions or any of the research has changed, also as well as any changes within the tea industry itself.

Thank you for your interest in tea and also in our world.

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Tea Forum
M
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
M
Dear Tea Readers,

According to Science Mag, earlier this year scientists have embarked on a 4 year project to examine the link among climate tea quality and tea farmers actual livelihood.

Other crops taste and value that depends on climate also studied will be coffee, chocolate and cherries.

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Tea Forum

Moderated by  mary-tea1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.