Next Thread
Print Thread
#800876 01/16/13 12:53 AM
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Hi there one and all and very best of luck in your job search and career improvement endeavours in 2013.

It does sound pompous I know but I repeat a great saying that used to keep me in line - "When preparedness meets opportunity, great things can happen!"

I came across this copyright article (go to CBS Interactive to read more) and thought I would put it up here for all to think about.

Hopefully you won't be asked anything that may be as silly or out of context in a way, but how would you react if you were asked a similar question or another that you could add to this weird list...
---------------------------------------------------------------
(MoneyWatch) To help job-seekers prepare job interviews, career guidance company Glassdoor every year compiles a list of questions that companies ask. They also pick out odd and unexpected questions. Here is what the firm identified as the 25 strangest interview questions of 2012:

1. "If you were to get rid of one state in the U.S., which would it be and why?" - Asked at Forrester Research, research associate candidate.

2. "How many cows are in Canada?" - Asked at Google, local data quality evaluator candidate.

3. "How many quarters would you need to reach the height of the Empire State building?" - Asked at JetBlue, pricing/revenue management analyst candidate.

4. "A penguin walks through that door right now wearing a sombrero. What does he say and why is he here?" - Asked at Clark Construction Group, office engineer candidate.

5. "What songs best describes your work ethic?" - Asked at Dell, consumer sales candidate.

6. "[Amazon CEO] Jeff Bezos walks into your office and says you can have a million dollars to launch your best entrepreneurial idea. What is it?" - Asked at Amazon, product development candidate.

7. "What do you think about when you are alone in your car?" - Asked at Gallup, associate analyst candidate.

8. "How would you rate your memory?" - Asked at Marriott, front desk associate candidate.

9. "Name 3 previous Nobel Prize winners." - Asked at BenefitsCONNECT, office manager candidate.

10. "Can you say: 'Peter Piper Picked a Peck of Pickled Pepper' and cross-sell a washing machine at the same time?" - Asked at MasterCard, call center candidate.

11. "If we came to your house for dinner, what would you prepare for us?" - Asked at Trader Joe's, crew candidate.

12. "How would people communicate in a perfect world?" - Asked at Novell, software engineer candidate.

13. "How do you make a tuna sandwich?" - Asked at Astron Consulting, office manager candidate.

14. "My wife and I are going on vacation -- where would you recommend?" - Asked at PricewaterhouseCoopers, advisory associate candidate.

15. "You are a head chef at a restaurant and your team has been selected to be on [the TV show] 'Iron Chef'. How do you prepare your team for the competition, and how do you leverage the competition for your restaurant?" - Asked at Accenture, business analyst candidate.

16. "Estimate how many windows are in New York." - Asked at Bain & Co., associate consultant candidate.

17. "What's your favorite song? Perform it for us now." - Asked at LivingSocial, Adventures City manager candidate.

18. "Calculate the angle of two clock pointers when the time is 11:50." - Asked at Bank of America, software developer candidate.

19. "Have you ever stolen a pen from work?" - Asked at Jiffy Software, software architect candidate.

20. "Pick two celebrities to be your parents." - Asked at Urban Outfitters, sales associate candidate.

21. "What kitchen utensil would you be?" - Asked at Bandwidth.com, marketer candidate.

22. "If you had turned you cell phone to silent and it rang really loudly despite it being on silent, what would you tell me?" - Asked at Kimberly-Clark, biomedical engineer candidate.

23. "On a scale from 1 to 10, rate me as an interviewer." - Asked at Kraft Foods, general laborer candidate.

24. "If you could be anyone else, who would it be?" - Asked at Salesforce.com, sales representative candidate.

25. "How would you direct someone else on how to cook an omelet?" - Asked at PETCO, analyst candidate.

© 2013 CBS Interactive Inc.. All Rights Reserved.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks Dianne and I say cheers

Last edited by Lestie - ContainerGardens; 01/16/13 12:57 AM.

Lestie Mulholland - Container Gardening Editor

Container Gardening Site

Container Gardening Forum

"Things GARDENING are great ... they are my daily smiles on toast!" - Jennifer St John-Rose, formerly black thumb recently turned green.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
Thanks for sharing Lestie! Some of these are truly odd.

Last edited by Dianne W - Editor; 01/16/13 03:52 PM.

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon

Moderated by  Dianne W - Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.