Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#285596 12/24/06 06:39 AM
babak Offline OP
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
I think Jew is a nation (race) not a religion. God called them elected nation.
I extract following sentences from an Article:

Jesus was a Jewish. Albert Einstein, ... Why Are Jews So Powerful by Dr. Farrukh Saleem

[Edited by moderator to link to article, not include it in post]

Last edited by Julie_MidEastCulture; 12/28/06 10:42 PM.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Parakeet
Parakeet
Quote:
I think Jew is a nation (race) not a religion. God called them elected nation.

Babak, the term Jew refers to both an ethnic group (the descendants of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob) and a religion (followers of the the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.) The two categories don't always overlap.

I think it would be hard to find any nation, religion, ethnic or regional group from which you could not find a large number of amazing people. However, if you go back to the original article you quoted, you'll see that the author - Dr Farrukh Saleem - believes that the reason for success in the case of the people mentioned is education. I'd be inclined to agree.

Julie

PS I edited your post to link to the original article instead of copying it to properly credit Dr Saleem and avoid copyright violations.

Wolf
Wolf
Every group has some excellent people.

babak Offline OP
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
Julie
Yeah you right but I heard that Jewish society just accepts a person as a Jew when his/her mother was Jew, even if the father was Jew isn�t adequate.
Education!! Dr. Farrukh Saleem didn�t try to proof his reason by statistics and evidences.

Cdmohatta
Surely as you said. it�s more difficult for me to consider Jews more intelligent than others but how can deal with such statistics and success in most affairs?

Parakeet
Parakeet
I found a really good explanation of who is and is not a Jew at Judaism 101.

I really liked Dr Saleem's article, but I think it was intended to be a persuasive article, not a scientific one. This isn't to say that everything isn't factually correct, but in a persuasive article, you include the facts that will most interest your audience and move them to your point of view. I think you could write a similar persuasive article about many groups that for some reason highly value or have good access to education. I believe they have done some sociological studies in the US about the "Greatest Generation." This generation is primarily made up of World War II-era veterans and they accomplished more than any prior or current generation. They also were the first generation in the US to have almost universal access to university education. Then again, my dad was a college professor, so maybe I'm inclined to believe in education...

Julie

D
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
D
The decription of who is and who isn't a Jew has been given. The Jewish concept of being "The Chosen People" is not what most people think, that of being a favored people. Instead, the Jewish version is being held to a higher standard than other people (so as to serve as an example), rather a hard thing to actually live up to.

Since the Jews have been forced out of so many places over their history, they have developed strategies for being ready for such events. The best way to prepare is to build up your "riches" in what is easily carried with you and easily put to use in another place. Thus the accumulation of knowledge, especially in areas like medicine and law and science, which is needed everywhere, and thus the businesses, jewelry, butchers, tailors, generally those that exist everywhere.

DJC in Norwich, UK

www.donnajcarty.co.uk
I welcome comments on my website.
Amoeba
Amoeba

Shalom

A Jew is a person who is either BORN as an ethenic Jew OR converted TO Judaism.

A person who is born a Jew is ethenically from a specific people group.

CONVERTS to Judaism have embraced the customs and traditions of the FAITH and DUTY of the religious aspects DENOMINATIONal people group of Jewish community to some degree of commitment.

The mixed multitude that left Egypt did include many foregn wives and the children of mixed marriages. These entaglements were a probem for the purity of the people;after 40 years only a CHOSEN FEW actually made it put of the land.

Rememeber that many are called and few are chosen?

The goyim AND the righteous stranger within the gate of the Jew
were affprded the offer of a swift exit.

Those who were commited to the command were CHOSEN whose decendents did leave the wilderness and APPEARED with the evidences of G-d's faithful provisions.EXAMPLE:Caleb and Joshua

Much of history forces the hand of Jews are this or that; get to know a real Jew and accept hem for who they are and do not try to change them; learn from each other and see what blessing becomes the fruit of your friendship.

Baruch HaShem!

be fitly blessed,
aTeeDAZ
C
Amoeba
Amoeba
C
When you have limited resources (like land and job opportunity)and too many people trying to get their basic needs met, that's when people invent reasons to kill eachother. Also, people who have been raised in scarcity have a hard time believing that there is enough for everybody, even when the scarcity has been removed. People basically want the same thing everywhere, to feed and to educate their children.

That's why so many people leave everything and come to America or anywhere else as refugees (and live with discrimination)because for one reason or another they get chased out of their own country. Nobody wants to go to a new country and give up their family, and learn a new language and start over.

And then you have people who mind their own business, and then a bunch of new people come in as refugees or immigrants and want access to housing, education, jobs, healthcare, etc. Do you blame the locals for getting upset?

As a Jewish immigrant in the US, it's difficult to watch how much devastation is created in the name of religion, when it's really all about money. If you take any war, and trace its origin, it's all about money.

Your original question is bout Jewish people being better. I'm sure if you ask any nation, they will claim superiority. That's the only way to justify killing other people. I wish we could all just get along, especially our elected officials who claim to speak for everybody. Did your government ask your opinion before they started talking on the news? I know no one asked for mine.

See my post below from another discussion.

C
Amoeba
Amoeba
C

Historically, this has not stopped Jews from acting terribly. There is a jewish holiday, I'm not sure which one, where we celebrate a victory in battle. What was the battle? Let me explain...

There were 2 groups who hated eachother, one of them was Jewish. There were 2 young people who fell in love and wanted to get married (sound familiar?) The girl was the daughter of the Jewish military leader in charge. She fell in love with the young military leader of the opposing group. The marriage was forbidden because he was not Jewish (that was the reason given to the girl.) The guy was willing to convert, and as a gesture of his total committment, not only was he circumcised, but so was the rest of his army. They were promised 7 days of peace/no fighting to recover from this very painful surgery.

While they were recovering, the Jewish military led by the girl's father attacked them and destroyed their entire army, including the guy she loved. And that's how we get this Jewish holiday (I can't remember which one) and this is what we teach our children. To celebrate this victory, let's eat!!!

It's anyone's guess how they explained it to the poor girl, that part didn't get recorded in history. But for 6,000 years, we continue to celebrate this holiday because it was a huge success and because we're so smart!

Can someone please tell me what the holiday is?
aTeeDaz, you sound like you might now.

Anyway, does this sound like a better group of people to you? We all have our own problems and our own history to deal with. In the US no one is concerned about history as much, we focus on the future and what we can acomplish together with lots of other people, of course that's not something you will see on the news. Not even on Euronews or BBC.

Amoeba
Amoeba
~Shalom~

ChilliN are you asking what PESACH/PASSOVER is?

Passover is celebrated as a retelling of the story Sedar = order of the story during a gathering and a subsequent OR intervening feast.

The story elaborates upon the facor of G-d spare the firstborn of all Israel who were of each household of faith at that time.

Traditional foods and ceremonial hand washings and prayers songs and even dance and games commemorate the GRACE that HaShem/G-dshowed to us.We remind each other that The MERCY of G-d ENDURES forever.

History can be a marvelous thing! Each of us at some point in time become part of history past presnt and future.

May we each learn from the lessons gone by and those situations and opportunities that are set before us to bless and not curse to love and be loved to live and let live.

~Shalom Aleichem~

be fitly blessed,
aTeeDAZ
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Rachel - Middle East 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.