Next Thread
Print Thread
#828571 07/05/13 02:03 PM
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
Recently my husband's father came to visit. They were spending some quality father/son time.

Along came the "Elephant" in the room, I suppose...Me? I've seen it, like the stuff we (here) can't see - so I get it.

But for the first time, my husband's father said, "You're still Catholic aren't you?"

(BTW - I'm pro anything positive, love, marriage of all sects, ect.) He said, it felt like coming out of the closet??? I know what he meant, though.

The father seemed to think the terms intertwine. I never thought about it that way.

Does anyone have examples of the differences? And shouldn't belief in anything come at one's own pace?

Otherwise it's like, to me anyway, you're just going through the motions to tell people what they want to hear...

What do other people think? smile

Karen Elleise
Clairvoyance Editor
Clairvoyance Site
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
Hi Elleise,

As a previous BellaOnline Atheist/Agnostic editor, I think that the best source that you can most succinctly find the answer to your question is at About.Agnosticism/Atheism written by Austin Cline/About.com guide. Just Google Atheist vs. Agnostic - What's the Difference Between an Atheist and an Agnostic? and the article by that name should be the first one listed. That article also provides links to other articles that you may find helpful.

BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
Thanks Lance smile

I'll have to try and do that.

But experiences - real life, incidents. I understand there's a fine line.

The thing is, the question originated by, "Don't you think there was a guy named Jesus that came here?"

Me personally, I do. But I also believe there was a guy named Buddah, Mohammad, Ghandi, etc. that walked the road less traveled in search and/or Proof of the same thing.

In the end my husband said, there IS a God or higher source, but we as we are don't understand or know exactly what that is enough for it to be for everyone.

I might be in the wrong place for posting though. Lol it wouldn't be the first time confused

Karen Elleise
Clairvoyance Editor
Clairvoyance Site

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.