Next Thread
Print Thread
Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
If you make a habit of using Extra Care Bucks at CVS or Register Rewards at Walgreens (wags), then you often need to find a filler item to fully use your 'extra money'. Here are some easy freebies to grab instead of candy:

Hand sanitizer (usually 1.00 but sometimes .50. (Right now - Wags has a Cootie Killer that you can hang from your bag or backpack for 49 cents.)

Ramen Noodles - usually 39 cents each. I use the ramen a lot as a filler, since i do eat them.

You can get tuna fish for 19 cents at wags using their store Q and an internet printable q. (this week at least)

Anything from the clearance shelves (i like the 75 cent soups)

Anything from the trial size bins (sometimes you can find a really sweet deal in there)

Cans of cat or dog food. A can of Friskies is around 57 cents.

Sometimes there are cheap office supplies (like pens) or razors (2 pack disposables)

Carefree pantliners. Often on sale for 99 cents, you can use one of the miany 50/55 cent off coupons floating around. They are often in the stores themselves on tear pads.

A packet of Crystal Light to Go for 50 cents. Usually inside the cooler on the door in front of things like Gatoraid.

of course you can simply go over the amount by getting something you need anyway, preferably with a coupon. I have done this with bug spray, kitten chow and coffee filters. Lots of people grab milk or eggs.

Last edited by Jilly; 06/09/11 02:49 PM.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Shark
Shark
Great tips Jilly!

I love travel size and sample size things! so portable and economical! Great idea--I need to go get some pens!

Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Thank you! I actually just filled out this info a little and made an article for everyone, here - cvs and walgreens filler article

I didn't write about Rite Aid since I don't have one here. So RA people, please pass along your tips. smile

Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Right now CVS is having a clearance sale for 1 buck on the rolling tape white out. Those are usually four dollars, so this is a great filler, if there are any left by you.

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Candy bars and gum...I know...not the healthiest but filler ideas nonetheless...lol

Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Right, lol. I do try to avoid those.

Wags also has little nail supplies for under a dollar - files, clippers, stuff like that.

CVS sells individual sterile dressing/bandages for around a dollar too. And I usually have a 50 cents off johnson and jonson coupon, so that brings those things down to 50 cents. I just toss them in my medical kits. smile

Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
I was just noticing this week that my CVS has little 33 cent caramels by the register that work easily as filler items.

I still prefer to grab a package of ramen noodles when given the choice, but having the caramels right by the register is great when there are people behind you, waiting, and you just want to finish your transaction and get out of the way.

Moderated by  Jilly 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.