logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#416875 05/10/08 09:14 AM
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
We haven't discussed gaming systems in our "favorites" threads, so how about it? What gaming system (for role playing games) do you like the best? What is it about that system that makes you love it?

My favorites change, but right now I think that QAGS would be my favorite. It's a nice simple system that uses one game mechanic for resolving any conflict, whether it's combat or political debate or counting social coup. It allows some freeform descriptions in character creation, but provides enough structure that you don't get paralyzed trying to figure out what to do.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
V
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
V
I have a couple. My faves are the old Castlevania games on Nintendo 64 and the Resident Evil series but my all time favorite is on the PS1 and is called Harvest Moon: Back to Nature

It's a nice relaxing game where you have build up a farm that was left to you by your uncle and has become dilapidated.

You have to buy seeds to grow crops to make money and build up your house, barn and chicken coop. You want to get one of the girls from the village to like you enough to marry you.

You can participate in festivals, put crops and fruits in your refrigerator along with milk and cheese from your cows and eggs from your chickens. You can create recipes and dishes with them and sell them or give them to people in the village.

Too much stuff to list here to do. It is made by Natsume and is fun. Oh yeah you have three years to make your farm productive or you will be kicked out of the village and the game will be over. A year consists of four seasons with thirty days in each season.

Vance Rowe
Crime Editor
Amoeba
Amoeba
Well i am more comfortable with the d10 system. I have to admit that i haven't played enough with the other systems but never really understood what thaco was and how it was used or what it did...you see my point. The d10 of l5r 1st, 2nd & 3rd editions are my systems.

Fool to the Queen of stories * Student of FuFu * Evil l5r GM
Male*Cute*Young Looking*Little Philosopher

"For the Queen of stories"

Shark
OP Offline
Shark
THAC0 was one of those mysterious 2nd edition AD&D topics. You really had to play the game to understand it, but even then I was left scratching my head over, "Why did they do it that way?".

BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
I grew up with traditional D&D so so I still adore that, even though it could get sort of complex smile

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum

Moderated by  Leif - Role Playing Games 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.