logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#378774 02/21/08 10:51 PM
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
I saw mentioned in another thread that someone wound up killing their party, how about some entertaining party member death stories that were caused by you?

In a second ed. D&D game I was playing an assassin (thief subclass) and in the party there was an elven mage that she could not stand at ALL. Being a half-elf, she had some issues with elves (and humans for that matter) plus the jerk was a grey elf and acted like it. (superiority complex galore) PLUS, he had one of those elven cats that uses telepathy. In any case she hated the damned elf, so when he wound up injured, she helped bandage him. This is when I passed a note to the DM. >;) After some dice rolling (which the rest of the party members thought was for my healing check) I rolled well enough on my poisoning skill that I had packed the bandages with a type of herb that would react to adrenaline, causing the poison to activate and kill the person who's got their wounds packed with the stuff.
Well, some time goes by, and we wind up in the desert. We get into a minor skirmish, and the mage decides everyone has things in hand and stands off to the side. One critter was being stubborn to die though, so he decides to run up to it and whack it with his staff. Soon after, he starts feeling woozy (or so the DM informs him) he thinks he has heat stroke from so much physical exertion (he's a not so healthy grey elf it seems) so he unpacks his tent for some shade and sits down...Lies down...and dies. The player goes "What? I'm dead?!" DM brings him into the other room to explain things, and when he comes out he's laughing his [censored] off, saying "I'm DEAD!" What's great is that his character gave everyone a believable excuse for his death, heat stroke, so my assassin was never even looked at funny!

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Shark
Shark
Well, I have to admit I don't think any of my characters have ever killed another party member.

I've been killed, though. We were playing Dark Ages Call of Cthulhu, and the group was negotiating with some dark faery for aid against monsters infesting the woods, and the price of the help was the corpses of the village's recent dead (seems they were needed for spare parts).

One of the recent dead was my character's wife. Rather than turn her body over intact, he cremated her on a funeral pyre, and turned over the ashes. The dark faery were not at all happy, and the negotiations were breaking down, when another PC (who had gone more than half insane by that point) comes up behind my character and takes his head off with a scythe.

The GM was nice enough to rule that I came back as a shade and I spent the rest of the game haunting the party.

Amoeba
Amoeba
Ok to straighten things up. I deliberately killed the party to have fun. I became the bad guy the GM had forgotten to include in the story. Like the bad wolf only badder and more efficient because i killed them. As for other players killing off party members i believe i have given quite a few examples in previous threads. Remember the guy who thought that it was reasonable to taunt the bad guy when he threatens to kill a party member ? Or that guys unexpected demise at the hands of psycho player ( with the gentle probing of your friendly neighborhood scorpion ). If you do not remember them please check previous threads.

P.S. I still feel no guilt for butchering that party along with all the npc's....Haha haha. Hoho hoho. hihi.....

Fool to the Queen of stories * Student of FuFu * Evil l5r GM
Male*Cute*Young Looking*Little Philosopher

"For the Queen of stories"

Moderated by  Leif - Role Playing Games 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.