Print Thread
S
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
S

Is it just me or do those horrendous ads at the top of our BellaOnline pages lately make you want to scream, throw things, and yank out your hair? You know the ones. Those that bring the computer to a screeching halt so they can drop down and flood the screen with junk you didn't ask to see and then force you to do things you don't want to do before allowing you to have control of your own computer equipment once again?

They are BEYOND counter-productive.

Man, oh, man, I hope this is just holiday horror that goes away after the holidays. If not sooner. Awful!!

Sandy Hemphill, Cocktails Editor
Cocktails Website
Cocktails Forum
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Zebra
BellaOnline Editor
Zebra
Send an email to Lisa about the ads. I think they are the Macy's ads.

C
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
C
Yep, those Macy's ads drop down without getting anywhere near them. I thought that maybe I had rolled over it, but NO! It just dropped down. Sandy, I feel the same frustration that you do. The birth control ads drop down, too. However, you have to touch it to have it flood your screen, I've e-mailed about the drop downs in the past. It looks like it's time to do it again. I know that Lisa strives to keep the ads limited and unobtrusive.

Connie Mistler Davidson-Editor-ADD/Sandwiches/Reading
Attention Deficit Disorder
Sandwiches
Reading
Avatar: Hope~Even when conditions are harsh, hope can bloom.

My EBook link.
Building School Success with ADD EBook Link

S
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
S

I thought limited and unobtrusive ads were the name of the game here, too, due to the aggravation and slowing down of page load time. I've got a lot of catching up to do and was planning to devote tomorrow to BellaOnline articles and product reviews but I am dreading the thought, thanks to these monstrous take-overs of my computer. I just don't use sites that allow such offensive abuse of my time and my computer.

I'll take yours and Jeanne's advice and email Lisa about the problems. Maybe others who are struggling with this electronic junk can do the same? Strength in numbers and all, ya know.

I quite simply have no words to describe how very much I hate those ads. I hate being victimized by them and I'm embarrassed that they're here on our beautiful website.

Cocktails Website
Cocktails Forum
C
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
C
Sandy, I e-mailed Lisa. She is always very responsive to restricting ads like these. Please do send her an e-mail.

Connie Mistler Davidson-Editor-ADD/Sandwiches/Reading
Attention Deficit Disorder
Sandwiches
Reading
Avatar: Hope~Even when conditions are harsh, hope can bloom.

My EBook link.
Building School Success with ADD EBook Link

S
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
S

I did send Lisa an email. Thanks for your support and encouragement. The first few times this happened, I was sure my computer was crashing and I went into panic mode. Once it became predictable, it became really ugly.

Internet ads have become so invasive lately that it's an ordeal to find useful information anymore. And all those pop-up monsters that scream 'like me, tweet me, plus me, see what all your friends are reading and doing' are diminishing the value of the internet for fun, education, or information, if you ask me. It's gone way to far.

Cocktails Website
Cocktails Forum

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.