logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
For many years the one thing blocking me from success in weight loss was me. LOL I liked to say it was something else, like my husband, or friends, or family. Whatever wasn't me. However, having said that, one thing that has truly made a difference for me the past 7 months has been the fact that my husband changed his eating habits with me.

I can look back on all my other attempts, which all had some measure of success, I couldn't seem to stick to it because I felt like I was doing it all alone. I would cook one meal for the family and one for me. I would feel super resentful that I had to eat this "[censored]" while everyone else got to eat whatever they wanted.

My husband one day after his brother died of cancer came to me and said he wanted us both to eat healthier. He read the book The China Study and was a changed man. Truly. I was very excited to embark on the journey with him. I know this is a lifetime change for us, which any weight loss plan should be, and that it's permanent.

However even with his unwavering commitment (and believe me he is serious!)I have still had moments of temptation and even anger that everyone else around me is eating [censored]. I don't really understand it, but it's going away as time goes on because I realize that I feel great, I'm healthy and it doesn't hurt that the weight is dropping off like crazy. But, that is when I realized it had to be me to make the choice, not anyone else. Yes, it helps that he's on board, but as time goes on I realize that even if he gives up, I won't. I can't. I feel too good.

What is the one thing blocking you from success? Care to share?

Stephanie Watson
Weight Loss Editor

Sponsored Post Advertisement
D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
Only one? LOL...

I like to blame my kids, there are many times that I would be satisfied with a light dinner, but I've got a growing 16 year old boy, my daughter and grandson in my house so I have to take all that into consderation, but I need to stop blaming them because even though I cook it, I don't HAVE to eat it...LOL...

I would like to blame the cold weather, but I know it's my own laziness for going to the gym consistently, because websites like BellaOnline sites, Sparkpeople and even You Tube have a ton of free exercise information and videos for me to do at home.

So for everything I have to blame, I know that there is something I can do to fix it.

Great question Stephanie!

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
Even though every thing I cook now I can eat, I can't eat as MUCH of it as my husband who is six foot 2 (or maybe four?) inches tall. I feel a little resentful that he can eat say four whole wheat tortilla shells while I can only have one and sometimes 1/2 of one. lol

Winter is definitely a good thing to blame... yikes it's been cold here lately and has gotten in the way of my walking. Of course, I try to just "walk" in the house. But sitting is a big factor for sure... we all need to sit less.

Stephanie Watson
Weight Loss Editor

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
I sabotage my own self. I exercise, cook healthy foods...and then, it all goes down the drain on an impulse to eat old fattening favorites. ugh.

The one thing blocking me is me. Maybe if I could revamp my old favorites into health favs?

BTW, I recognize you Stephanie as our former Divorce editor, right? You look fantastic! Glad to have you back at BOL.

Last edited by Lori-Dreams; 01/20/13 12:30 PM.

Lori Phillips
Dreams editor

Bellaonline.com Dreams site
The Dream Collective
Dreams: What are you trying to tell yourself?
Twitter: @tweetdreams4u
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor
Bellaonline Marriage site
Twitter: @BellaMarriage
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
Hi Lori,

Yes, I was the Divorce editor. Thanks for remembering me. :)I'm happy to be back. This topic is a little more challenging, so hopefully I pass the muster.

I actually need a new picture. That picture is about 20 lbs ago. But, I burned my face with some soup, long story. When that heals, I'm going to do an entirely new picture. I still have a ways to go weight loss wise. I plan to lose 40 lbs this year.

We do all self-sabotage. One tip I can offer is to, at the very least, count calories during days you're eating the things off your weight loss plan. For instance, for me, I eat mostly a raw vegan diet, but in the winter I eat cooked foods, consisting of plant based foods like brown rice,whole wheat or veggie based noodles, collards, nuts, seeds, beans, and available fruit. It's easy to eat too many calories when rice and noodles are in the mix. I don't have any issue over eating nuts since I don't even like them.

So, during the winter months I use my tracker on my phone more. I ensure I am eating the right amount of calories for my desired weight. You can find that information from a variety of sources. I don't panic if today it goes over, and tomorrow it goes under, I go for a weekly goal or average. That way if I impulsively eat something I didn't plan for today, I can make up for it tomorrow.

During the summer months I usually give up counting any calories because I am inundated with fresh fruits and veggies which don't have that many calories and do not eat grains, beans, rice, or things that are condensed calories. Also, I KNOW for a fact that if we go out to eat I'm going to eat something "not technically allowed"... so I make sure I just plan for it and eat it.

I eat less for a couple days before the event, exercise a bit more, etc... You really can have your cake and eat it too, you just gotta plan for it. You probably already know that though. It's just that we tend to do things without planning and that is the entire key to being successful, is having a plan.

One other tip is that I try not to ever be overly hungry. Hunger will make me eat anything, including animals. lol

Last edited by Stephanie - Weight Loss; 01/20/13 01:09 PM.

Stephanie Watson
Weight Loss Editor

Moderated by  Alice - Weight Loss 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.