logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#605797 06/19/10 01:40 AM
D
OP Offline
D
Hello Everyone, As a long ago collector of stamps who is now returning to the hobby, I am seriously starting from scratch. I was lucky enough for someone to have given me an old stamp collection that is all World Wide and is spread out between 4 large binders. One of the binders of stamps that I got was of U.S. Christmas stamps, all mint. The album is entitled "Christmas Stamps of the United States Collectors Panels" The stamps I have are from the very first one in 1962 and through 1977 and then picks up in 1985 through 1987. The album was put out by the Postal Commemorative Service. Does anyone know anything about this collection? Is there anywhere I can get the years that I seem to be missing? Are they even still being published. I really had no intentions of collecting U.S. stamps, but I think that this collection is worth working on. DCMerkle

Sponsored Post Advertisement
B
B
Here is a link you can cut and paste that might help. www.collectiblestampsgallery.com/U.S._Christmas_on_Stamps.asp It is to "The Collectible Stamp Gallery" even though the initial link says Foreign Christmas Stamps, it still has American US Christmas Stamps. Just in case the link I am posting does not take you directly to the right section of the website, here is the path I followed to find the US Christmas stamps. It doesn't look like they have them listed in chronological order so you may have to scroll through each page under the US Christmas Stamps section to find the years you are looking for. Anyway, here is the "Path" I took to find the link. I "Googled" U.S. Christmas stamps 1978 - 1984 Then clicked on Christmas on Foreign Postage Stamps. Online Sales. In the left side margin scroll down to the STAMPS section. Under Christmas, click on United States. There are several other good websites to check out if you don't find all of the ones you are looking for. They are listed after "Christmas on Foreign Postage Stamps. Online Sales" on the initial Google page where I Googled "U.S. Christmas stamps 1978 - 1984" Here are a few of them. www.stampscatalogue.net/2008/11/us-stamps-1978.html www.thefind.com/gifts/info-christmas-mnh-stamps www.whitmanbooks.com/default.aspx?page=80...53 Here is one from the UK uk.ebid.net/.../1970-us-christmas-stamp-nativity-6-cents-1414-mnh-18155699.htm Also, if you Google the individual years of the specific stamps you are looking for and find what you want. Like "1978 United States Christmas stamp" or something like that. Hope this all helps. Have fun.

BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
DC -

I too collect Christmas stamps, you can see images of the stamps here -

Christmas Stamp Photos

It's easy enough to get stamps on ebay, that is usually the cheapest option!

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum

Moderated by  Gary - Stamps 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.