Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
Here's a link to a recording of me being interviewed by a reporter for China Radio International. The topic is on Japanese obsession with blood types.
9 Nov 12 Telephone Interview with China Radio International

The hosts tried to argue against the low significance of blood types in Japanese society after the interview by bringing up examples of Japanese soldiers being grouped by blood types in the past, and a minister blaming the insensitive remarks he had made after the 3/11 Great East Japan Earthquake on his blood type. But while the general Japanese public DO believe in blood types being significant in determining a person's personality, they are not THAT obsessed to let it get in the way of major decision-making. The Japanese way of thinking is contradictory in this sense, which can be hard for non-Japanese to understand - at least those who are unfamiliar with Japanese people and their culture 1st hand.

Ching Kin Min
Japanese Culture
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Congratulations on a terrific interview, Tas! It was exciting to hear the host announce that you are the Japanese Culture editor of Bellaonline.com.

I had no idea that the Japanese felt this way! Wow. What is the blood type of the majority?

And by the way, you sounded really great in the interview. Knowledgeable and well-spoken. smile

Lori Phillips
Dreams editor

Bellaonline.com Dreams site
The Dream Collective
Dreams: What are you trying to tell yourself?
Twitter: @tweetdreams4u
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor
Bellaonline Marriage site
Twitter: @BellaMarriage
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
Thank you for your kind words, Lori smile

It was not in my initial plans, but I'm currently working on an article about the impact of blood types in Japanese society. So I'll answer your answer in the article. Watch out for it later today or tomorrow ;p

The hosts using the examples of the minister blaming his insensitive remarks on his blood type, and of the soldiers being grouped via blood type can be misleading, because they do not necessarily reflect the views of the general public, or the majority. Some of the Japanese people I've spoken to didn't even know about these, and those who did didn't really care.

The articles I write are based on what I see, hear and experience personally in Japan, and while they might not be sensational or newsworthy, readers can be sure that they're about the real Japan. So my next article will talk about how the general Japanese really feel about blood type and its relationship with a person's personality.

Ching Kin Min
Japanese Culture
L
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
L
Wow. That is such a weird concept to me, especially since there is no scientific data that backs up personality and blood type. It appears to be based strictly on being part of the majority or outside the majority. The Japanese seem to value conformity over individuality.

Well, I have Type O. My father was Type A. What is your blood type?

BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
Yes, it's hard to understand the Japanese way of thinking. Seems that conformity takes priority over everything else. It's like a prerequisite for being Japanese.

My blood type is O. No wonder the both of us are so awesome! smile

Ching Kin Min
Japanese Culture

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.