L
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
L
Greetings all!

I'm definitely going to write a full article on this topic, but I wanted to get started here.

The last two thing I really, really, really looked forward to were Christmas Day when I was a kid (of course) and going away to college when I was a teenager. Since then I've had pleasant thoughts of future happening, but not the kind of longing I used to experience.

So you know what I'm going to do? I'm going to build some "look forward to things" into my life and I'll report back here on this thread.

How abut you? What ae you looking forward to? Stop in and share.

LEAH MULLEN
LIFE COACHING

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
I think about this sometimes and it makes me sad. I don't really have anything to look forward to anymore. frown

L
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
L
Jilly,

I hear you loud and clear. I was thinking the same exact thing. All I could see in the horizon was stuff I HAD to do to uphold my various responsibilities. But nothing that really bought me joy�

That�s why I said ENOUGH. I�m going to treat myself to things to look forward to. I�m going to work into my life stuff to look forward to. Not on the level of a trip to Paris, but rather small things. Dozens and dozens of small things.

Today I had to wait on a very long line with my children to get them watches and it was NOT pleasant. LOL. Before that I worked all morning on an article that�s due tomorrow.

And I treated myself all day to little things. A bubble bath in the morning, a few pages of a good book while we were waiting in line. While my children were getting ready in the morning, I closed my eyes for a fifteen minute catnap. Then when we got back from the store, while the kids figured out their new watches�how to make them glow in the dark, change the time, set the alarm etc. I immediately came into my room and turned on a meditation tape�Later I still have to cook, do some laundry and finish that article that�s due tomorrow. In between all of that I�ll treat myself to more of the meditation tape, I�ll post here in the forums, I�ll read a few pages of a book, I�ll watch a few minutes of a movie I ordered from netflix etc. The formula is stress, relax, stress, relax on and on and on. I do small things to take my mind off of my worries and work even if it's just for a minute here and there.

After every stressful thing I treated myself to something. Something small. This helps, it really does.

LEAH MULLEN
LIFE COACHING

L
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
L
Here's something I'm looking forward to. I'm looking forward to December when they show all of the corny holiday romantic comedies on Lifetime and the other women oriented networks.

See looking forward to something doesn't have to be on the level of winning the lottery, something small, but meaningful to you will do.

LEAH MULLEN
LIFE COACHING

L
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
L
Here's another thing I'm looking forward to--lighting the first Kwanzaa candle on December 26.

LEAH MULLEN
LIFE COACHING

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Leah that is nice about treating yourself. I am getting to get a nice long, hot bath at a friend's house tomorrow. That will be a huge treat! (no bathtub in the RV).

I am also looking forward to getting some hiking and paddling in soon.

L
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
L
Hi Jilly,

To me a hot bath--or shower--is always a treat. I just think about what people had to go through 100 years ago for hot water and I'm thankful. Very, very thankful.

Paddling and hiking...my daughter would love that as we are in NYC.

Please stop by and let us know how it goes.

LEAH MULLEN
LIFE COACHING

N
N
Good news about Michael Schumacher, Dallas Stars games, new movies (cannot go to movie theatres since late 2009 so it always takes longer for me to see movies im excited about) and new music from my favorite artists.

Moderated by  leahmullen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:27 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/26/24 02:20 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.