Print Thread
L
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
L
Hi Leah, I just read your excellent article on setting routines. Routines would make my life so much easier but all my life I bucked routines thinking that they rob my life of sponteneity and adventure.

Well, chaos is not adventure. My life is unbalanced because I have too many "irons in the fire" and do not approach them methodically but wild abandon. I am older now and ready for steady success.

Can you share some of your routines that add ease and success to your life?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
L
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
L
Greetings Lori,

I'm so glad to have you back!

Thank you so much for visiting the forum and reading the article about routines .

Here's one routine that I�ve followed off and on for years. Now I�m trying to make it a standard part of my life, to get up around 4:30-5 am every weekday. And I have a goal to go to bed at the same time every night 9:30 pm. I haven't been as successful at the going to bed part as the getting up. I�m still on the journey with that.

Also I start dinner and begin to prepare the children for bed at 6 pm. That�s also a very, very important routine that I�m pretty good about adhering too. What I�d like to add are study routines and exercise routines. Then I�ll be guaranteed to get these things done.

I like routines because they�ve taught me to trust myself. I won�t EVER, EVER, EVER be late for work or for any other important ongoing events or activities if I routinize them.

I think you can be even MORE creative if you have routines. For example I�ve found that having a routine in the morning with my children alleviates a lot of confusion and unpleasantness. We have the routine�breakfast, bathroom, dressing, shoes, etc--down pat to the point where we have time to enjoy music, play games and even read a story or two before school! If I were rushing around and chaotic, we couldn�t do these creative things that get the day off to a good start.

Another part of this is to keep track of your time. I found an EXCELLENT website that helps you to track your time, it�s called www.toggl.com. I�ll write more on this in upcoming articles.

Last edited by leahmullen; 01/24/10 01:37 PM.

LEAH MULLEN
LIFE COACHING

J
J
It seems wonderful to do that. www.juicycouture.cc

Moderated by  leahmullen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.