Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#683992 05/05/11 03:38 AM
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Someone mentioned that they spend time each day looking through their clothes to find something to wear.

I admit I am very spoiled in that I work from home and work in sweats. I never look for what to wear. What I do is pick a new sweatshirt out of the pile of clean clothes by my bed, pick a pair of sweatpants, and put them on. I have several sweatshirts, all the same one really, in different colors. The sweatpants are all pretty much black. Maybe one grey.

And that's it smile So that takes maybe a minute of time between when I roll out of bed and head down to my computer.

How much time do you guys spend looking for / selecting clothes? How do you have them organized?

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Tiger
Tiger
LOL Lisa, I can just see you doing all this - you have a wonderful way with words smile

I rotate my clothes in the closet that I have as I do need to one day buy more. With me losing weight, then getting laid off (lol) - I just got what I needed.

Rotating keeps me from wearing the same thing 2 days in a row as I am so not into paying attention at 5:30am when the alarm goes off smile

Koala
Koala
I wear just about the same thing every week. Like you Lisa, sweats and t-shirts. We live in a old house and only have 2 closets. So I have really paired down my clothes. I find that I wear the same thing over and over anyway so what do I need a ton of clothes for?

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.
~anonymous~
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Connie -

I think it's a lovely, frugal, easy way to live, to wear comfy clothes and have a small number to rotate through.

Now that being said, the sweats for the winter, and the shorts / sport tops for the summer, are in a drawer in my bedroom. In addition to that, though, I *do* have a closet in the "music room" which has my tshirts, long dresses, and skirts in it. I wear those when I go out. So if I have to go out - let's say a networking dinner - I don't wear the sweats.

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
I don't really have a handle on my clothes yet, although things are getting better little by little.

Since I've been coming up with lots of new organizing ideas that work for me lately, I feel good that a solution will come this year.

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
The clothes thing is coming along. I put most of my better clothes on a metal rack that is not in the living area of my place. Then in my tiny house I just put a few hangers up from a small wardrobe area above my work desk (it's hard to describe all this). There are about a dozen hangers. I put the nice winter weight and long sleeved shirts up there.

When the season changes I can rotate these out to the not-living area. I realized I don't need all my clothes with me at all times. Duh!

The year-round daily wear stuff (pjs, sweats, teeshirts, pants) are all folded in some cubbies in here by the door.

Last edited by Jilly; 01/06/12 02:17 AM.
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Okee dokee, I just rotated out some more clothes. This is a really good way to see what I actually wear and what I don't.

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
I just unpacked some old clothes and found my stash of skirts! So I am keeping five of them and donating the rest.

One is a black long a line skirt with little white dots. One is a short skirt with a hanky hem in black and navy with a subtle raised design. One is long, straight and shimmery bronze/gold, and the last one is long flowy white with blue/brown 'vintage'-looking dots. One is a really 'pirate wenchy' flowy dark brown type with laces on it.

I don't even think i will wear all of those but will make an effort to try to incorporate them into my wardrobe. Maybe when it gets hot out again.

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Oops. Just found another old cache of clothes - this time some stuff i really like. Pants, skirts, tops. I had no idea i still had these things. I don't even remember half of them. It's like christmas!

I also picked up some nice clothes for free with a voucher from Goodwill. Now I have way too many clothes again.

I will pick out some of the teeshirts and sweatpants and put then in the donations bag.

BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Dear Jilly -

That is awesome that you have clothes that make you happy. The more things in your life that bring you joy, the better!

Definitely putting away off season clothing can be a wonderful help in clearing clutter.

Spring is coming - almost time for me to put away the heavy sweatshirts I have ben wearing all winter. I have been pretty much cycling through the same five tops and pants for several months smile I have an easy fashion life working from home.

Low Carb Forum
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KellyJayne - Organization 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.