Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba
The holidays can be a crazy time. It's also a time when there are loads of fun activities taking place. If you are anything like me you want to participate in all the festivities; you don't want to spend your precious minutes on household tasks.

Unfortunately, clutter doesn't take a holiday break. How do you manage to keep things organized and under control when you are pressed for time?

Kelly Jayne McCann
Organization Editor

Don't forget to sign up for the How To Organize Newsletter. It's filled with practical tips and links to great resources!

Learn about me - I teach people how to organize, clear clutter, set goals & get things done!
My mantra: Clear your clutter - Find your happy!
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
In terms of the actual holiday supplies, I have a big Rubbermaid labelled "Halloween" and one labelled "Christmas". So one comes down in October, it goes back up in November and the next one comes down. So that is fairly organized.

We are *extremely* low key in terms of activities. We don't do any gift exchanges. We don't go to any parties. We rest, relax, and recuperate. So we have no extra stress in that area.

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
I have zero decorations, so i have you beat there. smile

L
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
L
I am not low key because I save all my children's holiday drawings, art projects, etc.
I'm also Jewish so there are a lot of holidays. I store them in labeled bins in a cabinet in my garage. Each holiday I use blue tape and just tape their pictures to the wall, display their creations on the buffet... and when it's over - I take them down again and store them away. smile

I really enjoy seeing their work through the years, and they enjoy it too. So, I'm happy to keep that clutter around... for awhile.

Lisa Pinkus

Moms Site
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
blue tape is just the greatest thing! that's a great idea for displaying the artwork.

BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba
Jilly and Lisa S., I love how low key you both are. The holidays are rife with expectations. Some seriously outlandish ones at that. I wrote about how to deal with those crazy 'shoulds' here: Reduce Holiday Stress

Lisa P., it's great that you display your kids art and keep it. I don't think that's clutter. If you love something, it is definitely not clutter and it sounds like you get joy out of viewing their creations.

Kelly Jayne McCann
Organization Editor

Don't forget to sign up for the How To Organize Newsletter. It's filled with practical tips and links to great resources!

Learn about me - I teach people how to organize, clear clutter, set goals & get things done!
My mantra: Clear your clutter - Find your happy!
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
My sister gets really into the holidays, but she has kids and maybe that makes a difference. My parents put up a tree but that's really t, and it usually goes up late out of a sense of duty rather than as a fun event. As a kid, they would have to drag me down to decorate the tree. It was - to me - just silly.

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
I know many adults who absolutely adore the holidays, and I also know kids who care about little besides getting their presents. So I think all ages come in all varieties. It is fine! We are all each different creations and can choose to enjoy different aspects of life.

I enjoy the candles in the windows. To me that is a very comforting, welcoming image. A snow-bound house, a candle in the window to guide lost travelers home.

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Lisa, do people do that by you? I have never seen that, not even when I lived in NY, CA, or Seattle, Colorado or anywhere. Everyone I can see puts up light strings.

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Dear Jilly -

Yes, I see it all over New England. Probably half the houses on my street if not more have candles in the windows.

Low Carb Forum
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KellyJayne - Organization 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 03/28/24 03:28 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/28/24 03:26 PM
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.