Next Thread
Print Thread
#432638 07/03/08 07:05 PM
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
This show debuted a few weeks back on Cartoon Network, and it's a cartoon about kids participating in a reality show (it seems be based somewhat on Survivor).

I've seen a couple of episodes, and to be honest, I really don't care for it. For one thing, the animation is pretty bad. Secondly, if I want to watch a "reality" show, I'd rather watch one featuring real live human beings instead of cartoon characters.

Anyone else seen this? If so, what are your thoughts?

Lesley Aeschliman
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
There are very few of Cartoon Network's own cartoons that I find enjoyable ("Fosters home for imagionary friends" is anstitch! however - that always makes me laugh)

But "ed, edd, and eddy" is beyohd time to be gone, as is "thr grimm adventures" - these shows are all based on th grossout fctor -no real humor.

What are we teachign our kids when the only funny things on tv are things thst make fun of other people, or make glorioiu of pooping and narting. sick crazy

I likie "Fosters" and "Phineus and Ferb" - they at least envouragecreative thinking - although we must ar, our homes if our kids get thsat bright!

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
I hear you about Cartoon Network's own cartoons. I mean, can someone please explain to me the point of Chowder or Flapjack?

I mean, Chowder has been on for several months, and I STILL haven't figured out what exactly the point of it is...

Lesley Aeschliman
M
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
M
We don't watch Cartoon Network much, for this exact reason. Though I have a friend and that's all her kids watch. She thinks I'm nuts and I think she's nuts! LOL!

I have not seen Total Drama Island and was wondering if it was a show I should watch and review for the Children's TV site--but I just couldn't bring myself to do it yet. I don't like reality shows to begin with, so a cartoon reality show made by cartoon network just sounded awful to me.

Leslie, thanks for being brave enough to check it out for all of us!

Last edited by Marci - Kids TV; 07/15/08 06:53 PM.

Marci Ann Peterson
F
F
I actually really, really like this show. I have a younger sister who watches it and one day I caught a glimpse of it and I thought it was really funny and original - for Cartoon Network's status, of course. There are some complaints about how it isn't appropriate for children, but it was actually created for 8-12 year olds in Canada. But you'll find that they aren't as strict as Americans when it comes to TV. The show itself isn't very "bad" in my opinion, though... Cartoon Network censors the worst of it out, aka, "[censored]", "shut up", etc. It's not exactly a little kid's cartoon, more like a pre-teen/young teen cartoon. My sister is 12 and really likes it, and I'm way older and still like it.

In other words, it's an awesome show. The only good show currently on Cartoon Network (I totally agree with you guys, there are way too many shows that rely only on gross-out humor).

Last edited by Fraheit; 07/30/08 08:08 AM.
M
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
M
Thanks, Fraheit for giving us some more information on the show.

It does definitely sound like something for older kids, and as my girls are only 5 and 6 we've still got a while before they are old enough.

Marci Ann Peterson

Moderated by  Chana- Children's TV 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.